Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Styling individual menu items.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi -
I'm back with another question. My last one (re: JB Slideshow) was successfully answered not too long ago. I'm very optimistic when it comes to your expertise and willingness to help. Thank you.
My question concerns the menu. I would like to be able to style/control the individual menu items but am only able to style them as a whole.
In case I am not being very clear: I have a main horizontal menu at the top of the site and I would like each menu/navigation item/button to have a different look. I cannot manage to isolate each seperate one.
In the theme.css file in the style/container folder I can control the main menu items as a whole (Nav - Top levels: #nav ul li a) but as I said, do not know how to isolate for styling purposes each individual one.
Can this be done? I have only ever done this with static html/css sites, not with the Joomla framework.
If it helps, I am using Joomla 1.5.1.5 and the latest version of the Zen Grid template.
Settings for menu: I have Enabled the scripts for Superfish Menu and Superfish Transition Type is vertical.

Please let me know if you need more detailed info or link to the site/back-end etc.

I will await your advice/reply.

Thank you in advance.

Carl
  • carlymyman
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 42 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Carl,

In the module manager, find the extended menu module that is published for the horizontal superfish navigation. In the module parameters, enable element id.
You will now see that unique id's are assigned to each menu item. You will need to write css to target these for your individual styles.
Hope that helps guide you in the right direction.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Thank you for the great advice. It worked. I've been wanting to know that one for quite some time already.
Excellent!
  • carlymyman
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 42 posts
Welcome Carl :)
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers