Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Helo with Grid Template

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello..

Sorry, a noob here..

I've installed the modules and the necessary plugins for Grid template according to the documentation but all I have to show is the background. The panels, the images are not showing and I don't know where did I go wrong here.

this is website where it is being installed: www.deflowershop.com.my

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance :)
  • juwene
  • Previous Member
  • 13 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Ali,

The panels and images are part of the demo content which is present in the Quickstart packages.
If you just install the template and the modules, you still will not have the content that goes with it.

If you used the quickstart package, remember to install sample data.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hi

I have another question: how do you add images into the header?

Thanks in advance.
  • juwene
  • Previous Member
  • 13 posts
Hey Ali,

Not sure what you are after here. There isn't a position named header in this template.
Have a look at section 4 in this article
www.joomlabamboo.com/documentation/2009-template-documentation/grid-documentation

You can create a custom html module and add an image to it.
Publish the module to an of the positions in the article that suit you.

Hope that helped.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hi Jason,

I've tried to reinstall the JBGrid's Quickstart zip file once more as I could not load the images on my site. (File is JB_Grid_J1.5.15_Quickstart_v1.0.1.zip).

I have unzipped the file onto my desktop and upload it via FTP as per the instruction on www.joomlabamboo.com/documentation/2009-template-documentation/grid-documentation. However midway through the installation I have the XML error which was documented:

{/jb_three} {jb_four}
can not find xml file in installer error.
This error usually occurs when you try to install the quickstart package via the Joomla installer. Its is not possible to install the quickstart package via the Joomla installer.
{/jb_four}

Does this mean that I could not install the Quickstart package? Need help.

Thank you in advance once more.
  • juwene
  • Previous Member
  • 13 posts
Hey Ali,

You should be able to install the quickstart package. That xml error occurs if you are trying to install a quickstart over an existing Joomla installation. That is not possible. The quickstart contains a complete joomla installation that includes the template and sample data.
Have a look at the article on how to install a quickstart package on this page
www.joomlabamboo.com/documentation/general-documentation/joomla-template-documentation

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers