Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Captify module probs...again

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I've been working perfectly well with the captify module, but for some reason it fails to display images on a 2nd sub site I'm working on.

I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling the captify module, and the JB library plugin and playing with the ratios etc...to no avail.

It will only display an image if its EXACTLY the size I stipulate in the resize params. Weird.
none of the resizing of images work in other modules actually. Galleries, pretty box etc...

Any idea what I can try?

Sean
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Sean.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Sean,

Got a link again?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
the site where it all works fine:
www.limprimerie.ch/grid

the one where the above happens:
www.limprimerie.ch/bjg
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Sean,

You need to install and publish the JB LIbrary plugin.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks , I'll try that, but fyi all links on the extention pages to the plugin qive 404 error page.
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Oh dear! I think I really F**##ed up here...
First I reinstalled the JB library plugin , but that didn't fix the problem.

Then I foolishly went inside the database in question and was trying to figure out how to just wipe and start again.
I then "dropped" all the tables in that particular database.
anyway to cut a long story short, I did manage to reimport the complete database and am left with NOTHING...

if I check both databases for both sites , they are intact with all the relevant info (as far as I can tell)
if I check my root folders, everything is still there as before...
now when I try to log into either site as administrator I get:
Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Why would tinkering with one database affect the other in the first place?They each had a clean install of Joomla completely separately on 2 databases!

As you can tell, I know close to nothing about all these technicalities, just enough to install Joomla etc...

Help! I can't work on either now...here are the the urls again as above:
the site where it used to work fine:
www.limprimerie.ch/grid

the one where the JB library problem is:
www.limprimerie.ch/bjg

thanks
Sean
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Sean,

Yeah, dropping all tables is a sure-fire quick kill!

I think your problem now is that the access controls (db name, db user, password) for the database are different for the database you restored with to the original, so Joomla can't connect.

You need to ftp into the root of your site and edit configuration.php to restore the db settings. The lines to look for are 33-37:

var $dbtype = 'mysql'; // Normally mysql
var $host = 'localhost'; // This is normally set to localhost
var $user = ''; // MySQL username
var $password = ''; // MySQL password
var $db = ''; // MySQL database name
var $dbprefix = 'jos_'; // Do not change unless you need to!

You should of course backup any files before changing them. If that fails, it may be simplest to just reinstall your site from a backup.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Whew, I hope you can imagine my immense gratitude Seth :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

it was a change of password that got them back.

So back to the original request...re installing the JB library plugin hasn't solved this re sizing problem I'm having .

And while I'm at it...what is the best way to wipe the databse clean and start afresh. Don't want to go through that again lol!

Many many thanks

Sean
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
No problem Sean. ;)

Configuration.php is the only way in once you have broken an install.

Now, back to your original issue. jQuery is not loading on your site. So, if you have installed JB Library, then you have not enabled it (extensions>plugins>JBlibrary).

My advice for managing site content is, unless you really know what you are doing with phpmyadmin, you should do it through the Joomla backend. Deleting content (stored in the DB) is fast and straightforward, and far less risky than doing it on the DB.

And never neglect the tweakers mantra: "Backup, backup, backup"!
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Thanks for the input seth.

You were right the JB library wasn't enabled, but it still won't resize images as stipulated. The image that is exactly the same ratio and size as the arameters of the captify module is the only one that shows up. None of the others do , even though some are the correct ratio, just bigger. Just to check I have placed a prettybox gallery and the slider mudule on some pages and none of these resize images either.

I'm stumped!

home page: www.limprimerie.ch/bjg
pages with gallery: www.limprimerie.ch/bjg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97&Itemid=58&lang=fr

www.limprimerie.ch/bjg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115&Itemid=114&lang=fr

Sean
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Sean,

If you look at this image you get the error that the imagecache folder isnt writable:

www.limprimerie.ch/bjg/modules/mod_captifyContent/image.php?width=315&=160&cropratio=2:1.1&image=/bjg/images/stories/front/bjfront02.jpg

Try changing the permissions on the modules/mod_captifycontent/imagecache folder so that you can see the image.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks Anthony, I also had to change the index.html file permisssions for the homw page captify images to show.

So Home page effect all good now...still can't get the galleries working, but I'll select some other pictures and let you know.

Sean
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Sean,

The webserver is throwing 500 (server misconfiguration) errors for the minimoo2 script, image.php. Same problem for prettyslider. You need to check, and correct, the permissions on those files too.

I don't see prettybox on your gallery page at all....
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
will do that thanks...

Just have and images are now showing. However it did mean I have to change the image cache folder permissions to 777.
Is there any risk in doing this?

Thanks again for the prompt input, it make the subscription worth every penny! I think I may just check mine's not due :-)
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Sean.
Well, I would not be happy having to set 777 permissions but ultimately you may be hamstrung by the setup of your host. 777 = world writable. But, if that is the only way you can operate with your web hosts setup then you may not have any other option. You may also want to query your webhost.

I assume that you first tried 755 and that didn't work?
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
yes , but it does depend. sometimes on the first site 755 is fine, but the second site needs higher permissions.
I'll keep on trying
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
It is probably best to fire off a question to your host. You really want to run with 755.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
I'll do that. Thanks for all the input folks
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
No problem Sean.

Good luck!
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers