Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Reduce Total Width of Top Inner Panel

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

How can I reduce the total width of the panel that appears after clicking "open panel"?

It appears to be calculated according to the width of the browser. With a template width of 980 the panel overflows to the right (it is not fully centred).

If I reduce the template width, the panel fits, but I would like to know how to control the width of the panelinner overlay

The HTML shows:
<div id="panelInner" class="overlay" style="width: 940px; height: 600px; position: absolute; top: 104px; left: 30px; display: block;">
and the width here is set in-line.

Where does one go to override or change the in-line styling?

Thanks,

Anthony
  • Anthony Charlton
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 40 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Anthony,

The panel takes the width calculated for the site content so if you want to explicitly change it then you can alter it in the template index file.

on line 795 you will find
<div id="panelInner" style="width:<?php echo $contentWidth ?>px;height: <?php echo $panelHeight ?>px" class="overlay">

You can specify your width there but you will also have to specify altered widths for the child panels in a similar manner in the next few lines of markup as they will continue to be calculated on the content width.

Hope that helped.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hi Jason,

Thanks for the information there.

I think that the panel is one of the last things to be developed once most of the rest of the site is designed. Therefore, "hard-coding" the widths into the template makes sense once the decisions on the number of columns and overall page width are decided.

It is great working with the 960 Grid - thanks for your help.

Anthony
  • Anthony Charlton
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 40 posts
You're welcome Anthony. That is a good way to approach it :)
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers