Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Gridbox Pages

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I want to use Gridbox www.balbooa.com/gridbox as a builder for my bespoke pages, and joomlabamboo for the other pages, with more content.

Is there a way to switch of the build.r framework once it has been used to set the parameters on the jb template pages? The is a conflict with the gridbox and I cannot use the 2 together as the menu structures all corrupt.
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi There,

What conflict are you seeing?

A style problem or a js conflict?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
It is the main menu. It disappears when loading the free version of Gridbox and will not return afterwards. I am doing this on testing sites.

The problem did not occur when I loaded Gridbox to a clean joomla install.

Gridbox prefers to be the default template, but can still select different templates for other pages (was hoping this could be joomla bamboo)
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
Utafiti install,
I think the problem was some clash with module positions. I selected main-menu position for the menu and not (menu). This caused the menu to disappear it seems ok now.

For the ColourShift install
I was testing on I got the error attached and no access to menu items. I have attached screen grab
(to be fair I am testing 3.7 on that site, and I have a other pagebuilders that I am testing loaded there.

Either way I don't think this is a js thing, Looks more likely template style related.

Would be good to know your thoughts on having a JB + Gridbox set-up. I think that the Gridbox tool is going to be massive going forward, as it still works with articles and templates.
Attachments:
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
Hi Floydie,

That screenshot looks like a mysql error

Have you recently updated Joomla?

Have you checked if the database via the joomla admin needs to be updated?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Are you able to attach the extension zip file?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks for the suggestion it maybe sql issue. I did update to latest version of joomla.

To be honest, I think that test install had too many components loaded and is shot.

I will just do a new install as it is on my local drive anyway and not worth the worry.
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
Right but you are still seeing problems with menu position?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
For Utafiti,
If I put the logo and menu in the "logo row", via the Zen template style then all is good.
If i put the logo and menu in the "menu row" in the template then it goes strange.
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
Hi Floydie,

Are you able to attach the extension here?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
In case you did not get my email

File Attachment:

File Name: pkg_Gridbox_free_1.2.82.zip
File Size: 412 KB

, I have attached here.
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
Hi again

Have you asked the developer of the extension how best to integrate it?

As I get the same after install the navigation content is removed leaving the menu position completely empty

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Developer said that because the Gridboxcore template is set as the default Joomla template. it is necessary for successful work with Gridbox.

But, they said there is a trick, When you are completely finished with Gridbox page, you can enable another template as a default. Gridboxcore template for Gridbox page you can assign through a menu item, here is a screen:

They said, much better will use Gridboxcore as your Default Joomla Template. Gridbox it's a Website Builder which allows to configure not only page but also Template options

screen.png

I load Gridbox on a clean joomla install and then load the jb template. It allows me to then configure, but still not getting menu appearing. (This is without buildr framework installed)
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
Hi

I tried this a bit over the weekend and it does weird things to the template js

Even when extension is completely removed from a local host demo site version it has broken the template menu

I'd consider looking at other options for pagebuilders than this extension and see how they compare

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul,

I don't think the other page-builders do not give the flexibility to adjust the layout in the way Gridbox does. Also, the free versions of the other's don't give an opportunity to play with front-end capabilities.

The problem seems to be with Gridbox is that it does not play ball with other templates. Maybe that needs to happen for their system to work, but it effectively locks user into their system. (causing problems with upgrades, etc.) So I am torn, as their interface is amazing.

What is the next generation layout workflow for JoomlaBamboo templates, and streamlining of front-end editing of pages? (Could be just the content placed in Main Content area). At present it is very slow making iterative changes in the back-end and then seeing what this looks like on screen. You cannot really edit zentools module on the front end as the dialogues flow over 3 screens.

Seems like big changes are afoot with Joomla, and front-end editing. I know you guys were at Joomla Florida and would be interesting to see where you find things are going.

best... Stephen
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
Hi Stephen,

As with most Joomla template clubs we are at a cross roads in the direction we go in

At this stage we are unsure what we will do regarding Zentools2 and future template releases

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With Gridbox as fair as I can tell as a non techy member of the team it has broken the template even when it is uninstalled so it must be affecting the layout files in some way
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
On a positive note -

www.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-templates/aussie

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul,

Good work with the new Aussi template.

Let's see what possibilities Joomla 3.7 opens up. Sounds like 2017 will be a year of change.

best,
Stephen
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
Thanks Stephen

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers