Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Absolute beginner with Joomla and zentools

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello, I'm an absolute beginner. I've got the hang of articles, components and menus - and that's it.

I'd like to be able to construct a page using ZenTool (specifically Arcordian). Do I achieve this by opening up the Arcordian Module or opening Zentools 2 or writing an article and linking it to Zentools?

Thanks for any help
Eleanor
  • Eleanor
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 9 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Eleanor,

With the zentools2 module before doing anything - the first question you need to ask is what is the content source for the module

So you set that up first

Then the second question when using the module - what do you want the module to do with the content if clicked

e.g. does it just display the content or load articles in their pages

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With the accordion - is it just text you want to display?

something like an faq with question at top and then content displays below when an arrow is clicked?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks so much Paul. I've solved that query.

However, I have another!!!

I have set up Zentools filter (using the 'Workshops' example on the homepage of Corporation). I can see a grid of items generated from categories. However, the links aren't working.

I have three tabs with up to 9 articles in each. Which ever article heading/image I click on I get back to the filter grid option from the first tab. Something is going wrong!

Also, do you have the documentation for Corporation in a pdf/downloadable format?

Many thanks
Eleanor
  • Eleanor
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 9 posts
Hi Eleanor,

It sounds like you are having issue with - the solution for this problem is to create a menu that isn't published to the front end of the site via a module

For example I will create a menu called hidden menu and add links to it that won't be one any menu but I need the content to display

You can either use individual article links (gives more flexibility module assignment wise) or use a category blog link for the articles categories
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
For an article on the issue check out this doc

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/how-to-avoid-the-joomla-menu-itemid-issue

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Regarding the pdf I'm afraid we don't have one

If you have any questions please ask away but please if possible in a new thread :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you for your suggestion. I have tried both a categories hidden menu and an articles one but neither seem to do the trick. Given I am so new to Joomla I don't know whether this is because I haven't followed the instructions properly or because there is another cause for my problem.

I'm going to try to explain what's happening again - just in case!

I have a features menu which has four menu topics. When I press each of these menu topics the URL doesn't change- however, the content does. The content under each of the menu topics is generated using a Zentools 2 filter layout. When I press on either of the articles it goes back to the homepage, although the URL seems correct.

After creating the hidden menu I went into the module and assigned the module to the hidden menu.

The only thing I haven't changed since the template is that the module ordering still says 'Beautifully responsive'. I have no idea if this is relevant.

Any more ideas?
Many thanks
  • Eleanor
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 9 posts
Hi Eleanor,

Are you able to create a ticket and I will take a look for you?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
In the ticket please added joomla superadmin access details or if creating a new user make sure its set to super admin rather than the default which is registered (which doesn't have admin access)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks to you I am now making considerable progress with my website. Very much appreciated.
  • Eleanor
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 9 posts
Hi Eleanor,

• manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I just re-opened that ticket to explain a bit more about what I did

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers