Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Understanding Theme Options

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have been looking for information on what I feel is basic info but I can't seem to find it. I am sure it is because I am just not using the best words to search on but I was hoping you could point me in the right direction.

Under the Zen Grid Framework, is there anything that gives a complete list of info regarding the options for customizing the template? I have gone to the template documentation, but what I am looking for is more basic info that than. For example, when you go to the template settings for Responsive2 and then under Theme Options there are settings for colors, link colors, button colors, navbar, dropdown, etc. Most of it is self explanatory, but I couldn't find anything that tells me what Primary and Secondary changes. I would really like something that coordinates with reds but the sample has no red as an option.. so I am going to need to create my own. That's hard to do if I don't know what it actually affects.

Sorry to bother you over something that I am sure is a stupid questions.

Kim
  • Kim Huff
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 86 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Kim,

Primary and secondary values are used as base colours across the theme. So you can select two related colours and then apply them as variables across all of the other parameters - e.g re-use the primary colour for link colours.

Using Primary and secondary values makes it a relatively easy task for updating themes and also providing granular control of other design elements.

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Also

The way they are implemented across themes really depends on the design and the colours being used. So within a template different styles may use different @primary and secondary values differently

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers