Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

any plans to release an update to JB Corporate to ZGF4 soon?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there,

are there any plans to update JB Corporate soon to ZGF4? If so, is there an ETA since I have two sites scheduled.

Thank you ver much for the information.
  • MaMuster
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I'll need to get back to you on Monday on this

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
We will be updating it but we can't give an eta at this stage I'm afraid

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks a lot. I understand the no-ETA, but is it high up the priority list or somewhere on the lable "once I have time"?

@all: Are there more members in need of it?

Thanks a lot
  • MaMuster
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
At this stage we don't have a priority list but I am recording the numbers

Currently Highline has the most requests

It depends on customer feedback and the popularity of the download

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
+1 for the upgrade of the Corporate theme to ZGF4, please and thanks!

- fully respect/understand priorities and dev cycles (and by all means greatly appreciate the exceptional work you guys do on the best joomla! templates available), but it is becoming very difficult chasing these templates through upgrades for framework (several iterations of Zen Grid then some to T3 and now to ZGF4) - it is hard enough keeping joomla updated and stable but I've become dizzy (and worn out) trying to keep the templates migrated to other frameworks, let alone their respective joomla versions.

I will open up a separate thread related to some issues we've encountered, and I certainly hope that I'm not coming across as "one of those" incessant complainers, but... this is all starting to have a low ROI (at this point I'm actually even confused as to the Zen/T3/ZGF4 paths for the templates we have - hard to follow when there are deadends into 404s within the Documentation...
  • DGadmin_JBAMBOO
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 20 posts
Thanks for the feedback - I understand your concerns about the different frameworks

I'll ask Anthony the owner of Joomla Bamboo to respond to your feedback - we always value feedback :)

Can you point me to the 404 documenation issues and I'll resolve these

Thanks again

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks, Paul!

Trust me, I know the development side of things can be trying to say the least what with some of Joomla's (and/or K2's) inherent quirks, but right now I can't seem to get the current version of the Corporate template to play/workable on 3.3.6.

What method do you prefer in re identifying the 404s (we also had issues with the current Corporate quickstart package as well as using the ZGF3) -

- a new, separate topic/post outlying the issues and the 404s (since one directly led to us finding the others)?
  • DGadmin_JBAMBOO
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 20 posts
A new thread would be best

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hey there and thanks for your feedback.

I fully understand the headache because I was having it as well. It was the main reason why I was moved to create ZGFv4.

T3 was solid enough to a point but the development of T3 meant that new features were added that required updates for older and perhaps less popular templates so we had an issue where some themes were only compatible with sub versions of T3.

So our aim is to move all of the themes that are currently on odd versions of the framework across to zgf4. Focus2 was the first of these - it was built on zgf v1.1 (I think) the only theme on that version.

So the themes that need to be moved across are:

1. Corporate
2. Ascent
3. Colourshift
4. Sidetrack
5. Fullscreen

That will reduce the frameworks in use to:

ZGF v2+ for older J2.5 themes
T3 for J 3 themes
ZGF4 for updated and new J3 themes since Nov 14.

So my aim is that once we get to this point we will move through themes based on popularity eg Highline, Newlifestyle etc.

With the aim being that we eventually reclaim all current and viable themes onto the same framework.

Thanks again with your patience with this. We know it's been less than ideal and are working at fixing the situation.

As far as the 404's go - thanks for the feedback ont hat - very keen to get them fixed.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers