Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

1146 Table doesn't exists

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

After succesfully installing the Zentoolkit module I am trying to create an instance of the module but get an MySQL error that the "mydatabase.myprefix_k2_categories" table doesn't exists. After checking my database through phpMyAdmin this table doesn't exists.

I assume the following:
- When installing the Zentool kit module some tables are created by the installation proces in MySQL "mydatabase".
- The proces of creating a new instance of the Zentool kit module is querrying the "mydatabase.myprefix_k2_categories" and causing the error and prevents me of creating a new module:-(

See also attached printscreen.

Thanks for your help.

Wkr, Edward from Holland.
Attachments:
  • Edward Brouwer
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 14 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi,

It sounds like k2 is partially installed.

If you do not have k2 showing in the admin area, check in the folders
/components
/administrator/components

And remove any folders called com_k2

I think zentools has found the manifest file but the database tables are missing.

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max
Rob,

Thanks, I removed the 2 folders containing the K2 reference and it works! Now I can create modules of type Zentools.

I am quite new to (Bamboo) Joomla so now I need to find out how to position them and e.g. setup a slideshow on my homepage underneath the menubar (I am using Base3 template).

Thanks again,

Edward.
  • Edward Brouwer
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 14 posts
Hi Edward,

Thanks for the update

Regarding Joomla 3 generally this is quite a good resource

www.siteground.com/tutorials/joomla-video/build-joomla3-site/
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The documentation for the base3 template is here

docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-templates/base3-documentation

I would suggest installing a Quickstart version of the template and see how it all works together

I'd look to set up a localhost server - e.g. one of mamp, wamp, xampp etc depending on the machine you are using

And install it to that

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul!

I'll study it. I am creating a website for a new Dutch tour&travel agency (my own) which specializes in tours for Dutch-Indonesians (yep, we got quite a history in Indonesia).

First we do genealogical research in the Netherlands and then try to find a location/person(s) in Indonesia and built a tour around it.

It's called: Go Indonesia "back to your roots".

I want to make it an "less is more" and a picture saya more then a thousend words....kinda website.

Any suggestions are welcom. I'm using your Base3 template now..but maybe you can suggests me something else...

Wkr, Edward Brouwer.
  • Edward Brouwer
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 14 posts
Dear Paul,

I used XAMPP and instaled it on my laptop localhost/Joomla. I own the domain www.go-indonesia.com and later on I will transfer the finsihed website to a provider (you?).

Thanx, Edward Brouwer.
  • Edward Brouwer
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 14 posts
Hi Edward,

Its always very hard to suggest templates to users as we don't understand the project

What I would suggest is have all the content organised first before chosing a template and draw up a site plan on a pad of paper

Many folks jump into the building process without a plan

I'd also look at your competitors and see what they have done and think what works and what doesn't

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers