Support Forum

• Page:

End of life for Joomla 1.5

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,
(please excuse my mistakes. I'm not a native speaker.)

I hope this is the right place for this question.

It's a while since I have worked with Joomla. Right now I would like to set up a shop with this new extension "Tienda". I've seen that Tienda only supports Joomla 1.5. However, I was surprised that Joomla 1.5 will expire in April already. No more security updates. Or have I misunderstood something?

I have to use Joomla 1.5 because of the extensions. But I'm afraid to operate without security updates. How do you pros handle that? Will you use Joomla 1.5 after April?

regards
Oliver
  • jym
  • 12 Month basic
  • 6 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Oliver,

Its unfortunate that Tienda isn't yet at 2.5 - they talk about it in their blog - dioscouri.com/blog

I'm no longer developing any sites for 1.5 as I don't want to spent time migrating sites that are in development

This means that i am no longer using Tienda which isn't much help to yourself :(

There are alternatives to Tienda but those extensions are on commercial licenses

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hello Paul,

thank you, that definitely helps me. It confirmed my concerns about Joomla 1.5.

So I think will start with Joomla 2.5 and Virtumart. Virtumart 2 seems to support Joomla 2.5.

You wrote: "There are alternatives to Tienda but those extensions are on commercial icenses"

What could be an commercial alternative for a small business (silk shop)? I have no experience with it.

regards
Oliver
  • jym
  • 12 Month basic
  • 6 posts
Last Edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by jym. Reason: bad line break
Hi Oliver,

I'm currently working with Redshop but I think the license cost might be too much for your project

I've not used Virtuemart2 yet (I hated the previous Virtuemart version so a bit wary)

These have discussed on the forum but I've yet to try any of them

www.hikashop.com/
www.soft-php.com/joomla-opencart-component.html

I'm going to try these two myself but it will be a couple of months before I get round to it

Hope this helps and good luck with it :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers