Support Forum

• Page:

Project Honey Pot

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Guys,

I am using Project Honey Pot to catch email harvesters on my websites. www.projecthoneypot.org/

I am wondering where the best place to put the links is. They suggest the following:

"To help you with that, here are several suggestions for links to your honey pot page that will catch many harvesters, but not seen by most human visitors to your site. You should include one or more of the lines of HTML like the examples below in as many of your actual pages as you can. You can mix and match different link formats on different pages in order to fool even clever harvesters"

They provide the links. When I have used other templates I have loaded them into the template html. When I attempt to do this in the two Joomla Bamboo Templates, I am unable to get the links to show up.

Thanks for the help,

Steve
  • Steve
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 562 posts
  • 8 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Steve,

It depends on the template but if its in a zen grid framework template then you can add it in the template admin. There are a few spots for it but adding it to the analytics area would work.

Let us know how you get on.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks again Anthony. I am using the Zen Gridwork so that will work nicely.

Steve
  • Steve
  • 562 posts
  • 8 Thanks
B)

Good luck with the bot trapping Steve, it is a noble cause.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers