Support Forum

• Page:

Master htaccess file

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi
Recently for security reasons I changed my core Joomla htaccess file to Dionysopulos' htacces file (author of Akeeba) snipt.net/nikosdion/the-master-htaccess.
It works great but ... recently I've observed that it blocks "print" and "email" K2 item functions in Zen Avanti template. Has anybody a solution to this? Some exclusion should be added but I have no idea how. Thank you!

Regards Tomasz

p.s due to some forum bug I cant attach my file
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
Last Edit: 13 years 3 months ago by witraze.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Tomasz,

Does the same thing happen with other templates? Not sure if this is really template related and probably best to ask Nick about that one.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony

It is not template related issue of course! It is htaccess file configuration isuue. After changing to core htaccess file everything works OK.
I am dog in the fog regarding those htaccess symbols / \ ./ $ and so on .... so my question.

It could be interesting for others I think how to build the safe Joomla site - .htaccess file is on of the tools to achive it...

Thank you for your answer Anthony!

regards
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
Yep I guess thats my point. Im not an expert with htaccess either. So if you get the same results with another template then its best to ask Nick for the solution. If you dont get the same results with another template then its related to Avanti and Ill hunt for a fix for you.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers