Support Forum

• Page:

CartaNova: EcoFriendly Joomla! Web Dev & Hosting

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello JoomlaBamboo and Forum Members!

CartaNova Web Design & Marketing

We're an ecofriendly web design and marketing firm located in Hamilton, Ontario. We've been involved in Mambo and then Joomla! (as volunteers and site developers) since 2004.

Here's a preview of our web site, based on Joomla! Bamboo's Zen Grid Template:

What We Do:

Our Services Page
Web Design, Web Development, Internet Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), eCommerce, Mobile Web Development and Comprehensive Business and Not-for-Profit Strategies.

Who We Serve (Our Clients):

Green Business (Renewable Energy and Green-Oriented Firms), Social and Environmental Not-for-Profits, Ethical Small Businesses and other good initiatives.

How We Operate

We're employee-owned and follow a lightweight, client-centered project model. Every site developer and programmer has over 10 Years of web design experience.

What's In Our Future

We currently provide direct-wind-power web hosting and plan to introduce a Joomla! Wind-Power Hosting service in 2011. We also are creating new Joomla! Mobile-Friendly Plugins and the consultancy area of our company is also growing. We help good companies grow.

Our Mission:

Our mission is to grow ecofriendly technologies and initiatives. If you'd like to chat, please contact us.
  • Andrew J. Holden
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 95 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Last Edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Andrew J. Holden.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Thanks for posting this Andrew - really love your work.

Did you design the background image on that page?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Did you design the background image on that page?

No! But after creating my own illustrations for the site for two months before we discovered it, I almost feel like I did :)

I have some background in print design and we occasionally create custom llustrations and graphics as needed. In this case though, our design idea(s) for CartaNova just weren't quite working and when we stumbled across the illustration in question we were pretty happy.

Our stand-alone logo for CartaNova is basically a smaller version of the site design - we wanted something colourful that would stand out. We'll actually be releasing a second site with a revised copy of that illustration, probably set in winter, for our new Joomla! and Magento developer's blog in early 2011.

• Andrew J. Holden
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 95 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Cool - well it certainly works well with the transaprency.

Let us know when the other site is up and running :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks, will do.

I had originally coded the transparency area in CSS3, but for browser compatibility brought it back into the traditional transbg.png scheme.

On the developer-oriented site I imagine we'll output everything in CSS3 and HTML5, with a redundant design for Mobile/Touch. I'll keep you updated...
  • Andrew J. Holden
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 95 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Yeah that sounds interesting. One thing excites me about doing Ipad designs and that that you only have to deal with one advanced browser.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Small update - I finally set aside some time to put up a "Why We Love Joomla!" Post. Instead of looking at the CMS from a coding perspective, this is my attempt to articulate why the platform is great for small organizations and the net-in-general.

http://cartanova.ca/green-community-blog
  • Andrew J. Holden
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 95 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Nice post Andrew. Well thought out and well worded.

I'm sold!
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Thanks! I learned how to code in-reverse on Mambo CMS, of all things...I was happy to support the Joomla! launch and and I think it has great things ahead. I'll post here when our BETA of "Sepiida" is ready.
  • Andrew J. Holden
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 95 posts
  • 2 Thanks
B) Thanks.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi - We just launched our new "Code Labs" page, which includes Joomlal! Tips & Tricks.

Thought you may be interested:
cartanova.ca/code-labs

We'll also be introducing a few new plugins from this area.

- Andrew H.
  • Andrew J. Holden
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 95 posts
  • 2 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers