Support Forum

• Page:

Needing a little assistance...

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Can anyone point me in the proper direction in moving/transfer the cPanel webmail information from one server to another? I have a website account that is being hosted by a service (SiteGround) that I want to cancel and move it over to my reseller account (Eleven2). Moving the website/MySQL database is easy enough to do but I'm a little unsure as to how to move/transfer the existing webmail accounts and all of the emails within each account. The transfer will be a cPanel to cPanel move so this should make it a little easy but I'm drawing a blank on how to do it. Any assistance would be most welcomed and I do have a budget for this help.

Thanks,
Ed
@edhathaway
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Don't know if that would even be possible. You don't have root access, right?

My guess is you access the accounts via a web interface, but the mail server (and it's data) are out of your reach (as a limited privilege user). Maybe Siteground would be willing to dump out the contents of your accounts? Even if they do, what they give you may not be compatible with the mail server run by your new host. I have never actually tried to do what you are suggesting though, so don't pay me too much attention.

AFAIK, moving the account handling to another server is not an issue, just moving the mail within the accounts.

I host my mail accounts with Google to avoid this type of problem, so I am never reliant on my web host for the email. When I switch host, the mail stays with me.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Did you manage to get any help with this Ed?

Just out of curiosity, I would like to know how it could be done if it is possible.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Beachwalker,

I believe the process(s) I got from a number of cPanel forum posts will work, however, I have not attempted them yet. I'll make sure to reply to this post if I'm successful or not.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers