Support Forum

About Joomlabamboo ...

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Paul, Happy New Year to you. It would be good to know what's happening to help with some planning.
Regards
Jan
  • Janice Jones
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 124 posts
  • 5 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jan,

The next few weeks will determine the future of Joomla Bamboo

Unfortunately, until we decide the future of the company we can't really make any decisions regarding moving forward other than releasing the next template

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul. Appreciate the current difficulty. For what it’s worth... your product is truly one of the best. I’ve also used your competitors. Usability. Versatility. Reliability. You come out tops. As to support you are unrivalled. I don’t know what the issues are but I hope you get a way forward that works for all of you. Please keep in touch. Whatever your talented team do.... I’m in.
Jan
  • Janice Jones
  • 124 posts
  • 5 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: blueshift
Thanks Jan

Really appreciate the kind words

Next few weeks will see whether the company has a future or not

Thanks again

Cheers
Paul

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: blueshift, iafdesign, Janice Jones
I'm with you Jan
I began with the first copy of the open source pre-release of Mambo and have been with J! since it forked.
Have subscribed to many template providers over that time, both for myself and clients. This is the only place that I've referred others to.

This place just rocks ... no one, and I mean no one, comes even close.
Design simplicity, flexibility and the best support.
Daren't think what I'll do if this place isn't here.
  • Andrew
  • 12 Month basic
  • 509 posts
  • 20 Thanks
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Andrew.
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh
Hi Paul,
You frighened me really!

I know that after Anthony has left JB things are not the same. On the other hand there are so many news in web technique (flex, Bootstrap 4 etc). So it is really hard to implement it all.

But I can not imagine that you will disappear! Don't do it, please!

I think that you should focus on your best assets: best support on the market, best extensions (like ZT2), your famous minimal design and best framework (maybe the new one based on flex).

I don't think we need each month new templates. Templates focused on specific subject with adequate images are not what we need any more (like medical or wedding). We can adjust your general tempate (like Build.r) to our needs.
All we need are general solutions - aestetique quick template based on decent framework which is up to date with W3C and Google requirements.

So don't leave us alone, please!

regards Tomek
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh, blueshift
Amen to that, Tomek. I've made the same points via ticket: Framework, ZT2, and Support. Templates? Could replace that with x number of JB-managed setups or hours of support.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Hi Guys,

It is out of my control and ultimately it will come down to finance

The income of JB was in decline during the end of Anthony's reign and this was partly why Paulo came in

The numbers for JB have not improved in the time since and this restricted our ability to invest in the company by making new stuff

At the moment and has been the case for a long time the club has run at a loss

Lifetime memberships are partly responsible but also the decline in Joomla usage also

From a personal level, I am disappointed in our performance but I have tried my best to maintain support levels - however, we can't continue to lose money

Whether that means we close or change ownership I don't know and as soon as I know anything I will let you know
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew
In regard to the framework and templates

Joomla4 is looming so we would need to invest in supporting the new Joomla version

We do need to invest in improving the JB site itself as it badly needs an update.

A lot of our support time is dealing with lifetime membership support which although was an injection of finance has proved to be an extremely bad decision
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
paulus103 wrote:

A lot of our support time is dealing with lifetime membership support which although was an injection of finance has proved to be an extremely bad decision

I see. So the solution is clear. You have to end JB and ... start a new Joomla Club :-)
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by witraze.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lorenzo
I don't know at this stage what will happen - we do have a nice framework, a decent library of existing work and a nice extension Zentools2

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
the cold hard businessman in me thinks ZGF and ZT are properties that can be leveraged (ie, sold or incorporated separately). No one else has anything remotely close.

(and I never signed up lifetime for the reason stated - and would never sell such a tier. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.)
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Yes that is quite possible

I know of one template company that does buy up orphaned extensions - although the framework might be a step too far for them

Lifetime is a flawed concept

Unfortunately, it was an argument we lost at the time
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
.... and do not forget about us. You have bunch of loyal users. And we LIKE YOU :-)
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
thanks Tomek

Our support has always been our strength and something I've fought to maintain

I'm hoping with nearly 45,000 forum replies that I've helped people along
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew, witraze
Great advice! Others give flashy over the top subject specific templates. JB are so versatile that a decent template showcasing new techniques and tools using the latest frameworks are a good core to focus on. Something to remember Paul.... As a lifetime member I do understand that it's a flawed business model for you long term but there are also solutions to that - either a new company or a changed membership with an enhanced membership offer in the new model that involves a payment plan. As I said before I have tried others and wouldn't have come looking here if they delivered. You must be in a better position with a better product and service to start with. I hope you find a business model that takes you forward.
  • Janice Jones
  • 124 posts
  • 5 Thanks
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Janice Jones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: witraze, manh
Thank you Janice for yours. It is important that Lifetime JB member understand financial reality and agrees that starting a new company is an option. Hope that others agree and follow you.
JB assets are too precious to be wasted.
regards Tomek
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
Thanks, Tomek and thanks Janice for your understanding and ideas

If anybody else has any comments I'd personally love to hear them

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hello everyone :)

...I think that everything has been said, the approach to follow is clear, change subscription plan and start a new club Joomla would be a possible solution, strange that Paulo has never thought it before and never discussed it on the forum or on the blog, the Joomlabamboo community would have appreciated :whistle:

Honestly, what has been done to restart the company since Anthony left? Maybe it would have been necessary to think about it much sooner... :huh:

Just an idea, before relaunching a new Joomla club why not get additional cash in Joomlabamboo coffers with a crowdfunding platform like Patreon (or other service)?

Lorenzo
  • Lorenzo
  • 369 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Or for that matter, since they have a deliverable, kickstarter.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers