Support Forum

migrating from Joomla 2.5 to 3+ and Colourshift (original)

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Glenn,

The documentation is here at

docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-template/buildr-documentation/recreating-the-demo/colourshift2

zentools2.joomlabamboo.com/

Yes you need to use all the associated extensions

It looks the same but is a new framework and template

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Paul, got around to finishing the install off today and I think Ive installed the template properly and basically it doesnt look anything like my previous template or the basic theme ive configured. Dont get me wrong I didn't expect an exact copy but i did think it would be closer. (e.g theres no slider at the top - see attached pics)
I'm not sure whether a) set the template correctly or b) need to alter more configurations/settings .. any suggestions please?
Attachments:
  • Glenn Shaw
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 75 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Glenn Shaw.
Hi Glenn,

You will need to create a zentools2 slideshow

With the positions used in Colourshift2 they will be different so the position name will need to be changed

Do you understand how the positions work in the template admin? you can drag and drop them etc

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Ive seen that you can do that yeah, but i need a point of reference from the old template. Quite a few things different (mind i did the original some 4-5 years ago and dont have my notes, plus the customers altered things) I mean i remember being able to set the colours and width of the menu boxes manually .. can i still do that ?
  • Glenn Shaw
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 75 posts
  • 1 Thanks
slowly working my way through the docs but i cant seem to find out why my colour disappears in the hover menu, (see pic) any idea's? I've played about changing colours etc but it hasn't changed anything. I think I might install a demo site and 'work backwards' as it were to see what goes where etc Are there any docs or tutorials on the buildr theme about to save me searching the net that you know of ?
Attachments:
  • Glenn Shaw
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 75 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The colours you can set but the widths no I'm afraid with this version

Although I can't remember being able to set the widths in any version :) but it has been a while working with the original version
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The link colour is triggered by adding to the menu link (only the parent)

2017-11-28_01h50_10.png

Like this example
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I think with the link colours added it should address the white background on hover
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers