Support Forum

• Page:

Fullscreen Temp from 2x to 3.x sticky nav

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Guys,
I have two sites that I'm trying to match up from 2.x to 3.x but noticed that the sticky nav in 3.x is no longer used. Is there a reason it was dumped? and if not can the 3.x have the sticky nav included without issues?
  • netdevise
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Now I have also noticed module positions: breadcrumb and Above - also completely missing from Admin Zen Grid editor for the 3.x Fullscreen template but they show up inside Admin as valid positions available.

Is this on purpose?

Any suggestions for workarounds?

I even asked before I renewed my subscription and was given this link to show the positions and it clearly shows both "breadcrumb" and "Above" as positions available: bambootheme.com/showcase/fullscreen/?tp=1
Attachments:
  • netdevise
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 2 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by netdevise. Reason: Added link given by Robert Went before subscription renewal and template downloading
Hi,

Positions like above and breadcrumbs will not show up in the layout manager as they are the same size as the main content area.

For the stickynav, the menu area is just a standard menu position as the main nav in this template is in the sidebar.

To make it sticky you would need to manually add the bootstrap classes to the module position.

Open the file /layout/nav.php in the template folder and look for this line
<div id="nav" class="zen-grid_<?php echo $zen->navWidth; ?> <?php echo $zen->navposition ?>">

Then add the affix data attributes like this
<div id="nav" data-spy="affix" data-offset-top="50" class="zen-grid_<?php echo $zen->navWidth; ?> <?php echo $zen->navposition ?>">

I think you would then need a slight css adjustment to make it float above the content. In a custom.css file you can add the following:
#nav.affix {
z-index: 50;
}

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers