Support Forum

• Page:

jTweet Issues

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Have been testing jTweet and all was perfectly fine till past day or so. Now no new tweets display in the module. Is this a Twitter issue? Example, posted three new tweets this AM and all that shows is the tweets from yesterday but not this morning. Twitter shows the new tweets immediately...but the site is not displaying anything new???
  • caldia
  • JB Pro
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Have you changed anything on your site? I have noticed some caching issues with deleted posts that I think are to do with the twitter api ... but this sounds a little different.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
OK--I think what the issue is that we want our Twitter feed to only be for people we approve to read...that was the change we made to Twitter and after that the feeds stopped displaying.

Basically what we need to do is show Twitter on the site only in the registered users area

www.intradaydynamics.com/latest-tweets

user: beta
pwd: user

Then they can access the tweets off the menu.

So I guess what has to happen is the module itself needs to have both the Twitter ID and the Twitter pwd so that we can set our Twitter feed to approved subscribers only.

Does that make sense? And, is there a way to make sure that we can have a non-public Twitter feed and still display the Tweets?

Thanks----DS
  • caldia
  • JB Pro
  • 2 posts
Hi there,

I imagine to do that the person needs to be logged into their twitter account as well. Not sure the module is really as flexible as you need it to be.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers