Support Forum

• Page:

JB-Library inserts white space?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi!

Installed JTweet yesterday but couldn't get any tweets to display. Noticed that JB-Library seemed to be a requirement (?) so installed that and sure enough tweets started appearing fine in JTweet.

However so did a large area of white space near the top of our (Rocket Theme, Gantry based) template. On closer inspection with FireBug it seems that having JB-Library installed is duplicating a DIV:

<div id="rt-page-surround">
<div style="height: 135px;"> </div>
*** <div style="height: 135px;"> </div>***
<div id="rt-top-surround">

Deleting the third line (above) in FireBug returns the template to looking correct.

Oddly enough setting 'Remove Mootools Core' to YES inside the JB-Library plugin configuration does the reverse, it removes the '<div style="height: 135px;"> </div>
' line altogether and consequently instead of inserting an extra area of white space and pushing the page content down, everything is shifted up!

<div id="rt-page-surround">
<div id="rt-top-surround">

Seems like this relates to a MooTools / Template clash somehow? Anyway the simple answer is not to use JB-Library and JTweet but that's a shame as JTweet seems so good.

Any suggestions would be most welcome! Is there a way to use JTweet without JB-Library?

Thanks,

Steve
  • steveharman
  • JB Pro
  • 1 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Well, JTweet require JB Library because it needs loading of jQuery. All RT templates are based only on MooTools and JB templates on jQuery.

But to answer your question I would need to play a bit with your setting...I don't know universal solution to this issue...I have not yet seen it. So could you please create a ticket and supply superadmin access info so I can take a look?

Thank you
  • Zuzuzu
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers