Support Forum

• Page:

Can't get jTweet to load tweets

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I searched the other threads on the topic, and they don't seem to be related, and haven't helped me fix the problem.

I have the module running, and all I can get it to display is "more info..." when its set to a single twitter account. If I set to multiusers it displays a "Follow me on Twitter" link to the right account.

I moved it around to different module positions just to see if that would make a difference, and it didnt. I have the JB Library plugin installed and enabled, and I'm using the Pure template with the latest version of the framework. Outside of K2 and JCE, I have no other components or plugins installed. I barely started on this site, so haven't got a chance to really install anything else yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried another third party twitter module (after this one was giving me fits) and it worked fine, but I'd rather just use the JB one to keep everything simple.

The site can be seen at;

173.247.243.44/~fityou1/

Thanks in advance
  • vem
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Vem,

I think this is because there is a second version of jQuery loading. This tutorial should help:

docs.joomlabamboo.com/using-joomla/how-to-disable-the-k2-version-of-jquery

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Ok, I followed those steps to turn off jQuery in K2, but I don't have the settings to load the latest jQuery from Google in my template settings. I imagine I'm not using the latest framework since I downloaded it with Pure?

But I am using the plugin, which has the same settings, so I set it that way.

Still doesn't work unfortunately.

Any other ideas?
  • vem
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
Thanks - also looks like jTweet.js isn't loading.

Can you login to the module and look at the settings to see if the enable script options int he settings is enabled?

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
If you're talking about the "Enable CSS and Javascript" option, then yes, its enabled. :(
  • vem
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
Ok can you create a ticket with login details and Ill take a look?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers