Support Forum

• Page:

JTweet

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hate to start a new thread on this, but my Jtweet was working and now it is not working properly since I upgraded to 1.5.14

Website is [url]http://www.hispanicleaders.net [/url]

Thanks
  • Jesus Rodriguez
  • Previous Member
  • 29 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Newbie here!

Love the templates (hometown bias being also from Melb. Aust. of course) yet having trouble displaying jTweet in grid template using 1.5.13.

A quick search on the subject (within the forum) seems to indicate SEF turned off/on maybe an issue. Is there a common bug/prob we should be looking out for in implementing this module?

Regards NJS
  • Neil Sloan
  • Previous Member
  • 17 posts
Neil Sloan wrote:
... (within the forum) seems to indicate SEF turned off/on maybe an issue.

Mmm... just did a test with SEF off but still no JTweet display on Grid template. Any assistance for the likes of Jesus R and myself would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • Neil Sloan
  • Previous Member
  • 17 posts
Me too.

I'm on v. 1.5.14, and i get everything except the tweets.

See www.frameforum.org jTweet is on the right-hand side column near the bottom of the page.
  • neilwheel
  • Previous Member
  • 14 posts
Hi Jesus and Neil,

Jesus I just updated my site to 1.5.14 from 1.5.13 and I am having no issues with jtweet. About 3 days ago I noticed that I did lose my tweets, then it only displayed 2 out of my 3 tweets then returned to normal after 24 hours.

Neil,

I too run the Grid template with 1.5.13 (just upgraded to 1.5.14) all I can do till Anthony gets here is give you img of my settings just in case. While using this template I have had only ever had one issue with jtweet (as above) running jtweet published in all menus in postion slide1.

I hope that is some help, if not Anthony should be replying soon

Cheers
Craig
Attachments:
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Hey folks,

@neil hi there fellow Melburnian :) im not seeing grid with that link is it correct?

@jesus Its really hard to tell what the issue is there since there are no errors and you can see that the loading tweets text appears before the module empties itself. That suggests that the module is working fine but there is something up with your account. Try putting in joomlabamboo in the username to see if that displays tweets and work from there.

@craig - howdy! thanks posting :)

Ant
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
2 Neils eh?

@neilwheel www.frameforum.org I am able to see all 5 tweets in RH side column...looks all good to me on IE8 and Firefox 3.0.12

Cheers
Craig;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
hehe totally missed that @neils got a link?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Craig & Anthony... wow thanks for the quick relies. Sunday evening and all. And for the settings pic Craig - much appreciated!

I'm not running an online site as yet Anthony, as still constructing offline.

Interestingly, I created a new twitter account bout an hour ago and surprise surprise! NO problems viewing (new account tweets) within the (offline) site. So, Ghosts in the Machine???

Sorry I cannot be more helpful in point to specifics. Alas I can praise / encourage JB's efforts!!! Keep up the good fight!

BTW, I lurv the twitter handle Craig and your work. Disturbs in all the right manner of ways (grin on face).

Aside: Do you guys do cover art for Music CDs or similar? I have access to a network of Independent musicians, largely Pop & Country, who regularly release Indie Music videos aka singles/albums here in OZ. I'd like to suggest putting your names up for potential work IYDM.

Cheers

Neil
  • Neil Sloan
  • Previous Member
  • 17 posts
@Craig

That's weird...I'm not seeing any tweets on either Chrome or FF. I've just altered the number of tweets to 3. Is that what you see on www.frameforum.org???

TIA,

Neil in Scotland
  • neilwheel
  • Previous Member
  • 14 posts
Neil in Scotland,

Chiming in... able to view yours three tweets (aka frameforum.org) no problems here... running Safari & Firefox!

Neil from OZ
  • Neil Sloan
  • Previous Member
  • 17 posts
Yepper same for me @neilw 3 tweets in ff and safari on a mac.

@neils Id say its the twitter account then if it displays other twitter accounts. I have noticed an issue with displaying the first tweet but now that I think of it Im not sure how many tweets the module was set to display. When I checked the twitter account it showed 5 tweets so perhaps try setting the tweets to one to see if that starts displaying them.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony & Neil from Oz u guys r to quik lol

Yep all 3 of us agree, it shows 3

@Neil from Oz

If ur referring to computer generated art for album covers etc, I am not ur man (def not ur man)...I am the old fashioned paint brush and canvas sort of guy.... and yeh why not if it disturbs you in all the right manner of ways ;)

Thanks for the compliment about twitter handle and my work.... it is very much appreciated :)

When I first purchased a JoomlaBamboo membership I to was blown away by the personal service from Anthony and Jason (still am) I was that blown away I became a moderater just to help out when I can. Its a good solid template community, welcome :)

Cheers
Craig;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
(apologies to Jesus R if appearing to hog his initial post)

Anthony, I too think it's in the twitter account (the Ghost in the machine that is)

@Craig,

By no means am I indicating computer generated artwork / graphics. I understand you embrace traditional brush work. That's what's more interesting for mind.

I mentioned the 'possibility' of 'putting names in the ring', so to speak, as I find a genuine lack of original art work present in aligning with music making in Australia (and elsewhere). Yet these 'art forms' (loosely speaking) share much in common = real emotion being articulated etc etc.

I'm a director of photography and musician myself, so I have a special interest on topic.

Not wishing to appear too enterprising and paranoid "giving too much away" I'm currently in the throws of setting up a refresh of a buddies site (found at www.171entertainment.com). He and I have worked on numerous 'commercial' ventures for mainstream TV in the past. We're looking to expand upon the concept of "gorilla" style shooting = quick and affordable, using state of the art High Definition video technologies to offer "quality" shooting & editing (previously unobtainable) to self funded musicians/artists.

My buddy, in particular, has carved a niche in Pop and Country clip-making for several years, winning awards and building a comprehensive client list of OZ indie acts making / financing their own music endeavors.

Aside, should you be interested, you could take a peek at gallery.me.com/theramthing#100008 of some snaps I took of an artist friend here in Melbourne who has a significant folio of commercial mural work. Most of the images have not been color or level adjusted so may appear dark. If you are interested in viewing this gallery but cannot access the pages let me know.

The above may give you an idea of what interest I have in art work.

I too like the tone and manner of the Joomla Bamboo undertakings. I look forward to contributing in some ways if I can - and being a happy customer :)

Cheers,

Neil
  • Neil Sloan
  • Previous Member
  • 17 posts
Hi Neil,

Good stuff, can see where ur coming from! Couldnt find ur email in ur profile....want to send urs to me on joomlabamboo at hotmail.com and I can give you my personal email addy and reply to this post in more detail.. :)

Cheers
Craig;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
It does work when I put in "joomlabamboo", so I wonder what the heck could be doing it because my other Twitter account, which is working, does not show up either.

The user names are, "catholicleaders" and "hispanicblogger" Maybe one of you guys could plug it into your module to see if it works on your website. That would be very helpful and appreciative.

And yes, the customer support here is fantastic! Kudos to Ant and Neil!!!

Thanks,

Zeus
  • Jesus Rodriguez
  • Previous Member
  • 29 posts
Another thing I know is that the a different twitter application that I have does work, so I think it has to be something with JTweet. You can see both of them on the right of www.hispanicfamilyvalues.com

Thanks again guys, your JTweet is so much better that I really want to use it and not the other one that I have.
  • Jesus Rodriguez
  • Previous Member
  • 29 posts
Quick Update, It is now working on my Hisapnicfamilyvalues website, both Twitter accounts, so now why would it not be working on the hispanicleaders website? It was working just fine before I upgraded, but the other website is upgraded too. Maybe it is Ghosts!!!

Hmmm?
  • Jesus Rodriguez
  • Previous Member
  • 29 posts
And now they are all working! I think that Twitter inactivity may have something to do with the temporary glitch, once I made new Twits they both started working again after a few minutes.

Thanks anyways guys.
  • Jesus Rodriguez
  • Previous Member
  • 29 posts
JR,

Just tried both your handles (twitter user names) and they worked fine in my Grid template.

Without checking your twitter proper they quote "just testing" and "Glad to see everyone learning about our new website... etc"

So very strange...

I too had similar probs however create a new (twitter) one this arvo and it's working fine now.

I can't really help with the technical aspects of the coding etc. other than advise create a new one and try over.

Cheers,

Neil (from Oz)
  • Neil Sloan
  • Previous Member
  • 17 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers