Support Forum

• Page:

I damaged my site after SEF URLs and htaccess.txt

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I damaged my recently finished site when I activated SEF URLs.
Although the site was getting the error "the page isn't redirecting properly", the administrator backend was working perfect. Then I looked in some forums and read that I had to rename the htaccess.txt to htaccess and so I did... and BOOM!!! I lost the administrator panel too and all I get is this error:
Warning: require_once(/home/content/l/o/s/loshalcones/html/site/configuration.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/l/o/s/loshalcones/html/site/administrator/includes/framework.php on line 40

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/l/o/s/loshalcones/html/site/configuration.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/l/o/s/loshalcones/html/site/administrator/includes/framework.php on line 40

Does anyone know what to do??? I just need this site back, and I'm completely lost. I've searched forums for countless hours, and all I have is 12 hours more to get this back to work. The address of the panel is: www.loshalcones.edu.co/site/administrator

Thank YOU for your help. You'll save my life (or at least my work).
  • mpt_joomla
  • Previous Member
  • 17 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Did you implement an htaccess file for the administrator? That error is saying it cant read administrator/includes/framework.php

If not id still check permissions on that file.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I'm hosting my site with GoDaddy and the FTP isn't working after the problem yesterday. I wrote support about this, since when I had access, I wasn't able to update the permision for the htaccess.txt file, which was wrong by the way. I'll post again when I get this part fixed.

Thank you Anthony.
  • mpt_joomla
  • Previous Member
  • 17 posts
B) Thanks for the update.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hello again!

Thank you for your advice. I was able to fix the permissions and the administrator backend is working again. The only problem is that the site doesn't load. It still shows this error in Firefox:

"The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

Do you know what can be the cause for this? As I said before, this happened when I was trying to use the SEF option in Joomla! Global Configuration, and after that opening the htaccess.txt.

Any ideas on fixing this? My deadline for this is already over, so I much appreciate any help.

Thank you!!!!
  • mpt_joomla
  • Previous Member
  • 17 posts
One more thing for the record.... the only thing I changed in configuration.php was:

var $live_site = '';
for
var $live_site = 'xxxxxxxx.co/site';

That's when I think the page completely crashed (that was after I used the SEF option).
Now I've put that line to "var $live_site = '';" as it was originally, but no success.

Thank you!
  • mpt_joomla
  • Previous Member
  • 17 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 6 months ago by mpt_joomla.
FIXED!!!

I found a redirection script inside the site's folder that shouldn't be there! I don't know how I got it in that place! That was causing the problem!!!

I think the nightmare is over! I wouldn't be able to fix the permissions problem if it weren't for you. I'm sorry for the trouble!

Regards,
mpt_joomla
  • mpt_joomla
  • Previous Member
  • 17 posts
No problem. Glad you managed to get it fixed.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers