Support Forum

• Page:

can you add padding to the .containerBG?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Is there a way to padd out the body container so that anything inside will start say 30px from the left and finish 30px from the right? the reason i ask is taht i want the body to have a solid background image with a drop shadow on the outside. The total body background image width can be the 980px but all the content will have to sit at least 30px inside from this.

I know you can do it by padding each grid row etc but can it be done with a shortcut of padding the .container BG or something? I tried this and it added the pixels to the full width so made the body too wide 1040px or something....

Any suggestions on the best way to achieve this?

Cheers

Jake
  • jakeholmes1
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 77 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jake.

The grid is actually set up to cater for this already.

So if you add body{background:#000} to get the dark background and then add .containerBG {background: #fff} That will create a white frame with the padding equal to your gutter size on a dark background.

Hope this helps.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Making hard work f that wasn't I!!

That did just the job.

Thanks v much.
  • jakeholmes1
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 77 posts
Hehe no probs Jake :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hey Anthony,

Just using this - changing the width of the gutter - and it seems to effect the space between modul positions too... thats the gutter to i guess...

Is there a way to narrow the body content area without proportionally spacing the modules?

heres my example - modules with the red border get pushed apart as i change the gutter.

Cheers
  • jakeholmes1
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 77 posts
Hey Jake,

You can play around with padding on the .containerBG too. eg .containerBG {padding:0 10px} see if that does what you want.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers