Support Forum

• Page:

How to control the language of Google Map?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

One of my friend installed your JB Maps module on his Joomla website. His website is in English language. But the Google Map generated by this module keep showing Chinese language on the map even when you visit this page with an English language browser.

Try visit this:

http://bignosestudio.com/bin/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=30

When I check the source code of this page, I noticed that there were language definition of zh-CN_All in it.

Where does this language definition come from? How can I control this language for map?

Why the language of the map can’t change according to the browser language setting?

Thanks.
  • baijianpeng
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
baijianpeng,

To the best of my knowledge the language definition is coming from the way the API Key was originally created. Create a new API Key making sure your Google settings are set to the language definition you wish. Currently JB Maps does not use or support a specific language file, however, a user modified a version that does. You can read about what they did by clicking onto the link below.

www.joomlabamboo.com/jb-maps/25060-jb-maps-in-different-languages

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
That is terrible. I thought Google map will alter the language on the map according to the browser language setting.

If this is not work this way, but related to the API, I think it is very bad.

Anyway, thanks for your help.
  • baijianpeng
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts
Can't actually say for sure on this topic. Certainly isn't anything in the module that would cause that. So it could either be a Joomla or GMaps thing.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers