Support Forum

• Page:

Google Maps with search

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I currently use the JB Maps to show where our office location is but I am wondering if its possible with JB Maps or if someone knows an extension that will allow me to plot unlimited number of shops/suppliers selling my products with a search function - town name, postcode, etc.

Similar to this: www.breezair.com.au/dealers
  • Huski
  • 12 Month basic
  • 264 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
You can add several locations in JB Maps. Just add them in the backend, it would get unwieldy to manage though with lot of locations.

What you see in your example, for most part, can be done direct from Google via the web interface, just paste in the code or by diving into the API.

Joomla specific, we have used the Hotspots component for many years:
compojoom.com/joomla-extensions/hotspots
It will give you lots of control for managing and linking locations with search. Good component backend and well supported by Daniel and Yves. There is a free version but the paid for version is well worth the money and it supports the continued development of course. It plays nicely with JB templates and Joomla, plus the support is great, in my opinion, if you need it.

If you want a lightweight module though, stick with JB Maps...

Regards Ian
  • iafdesign
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh
Thanks Ian - I'd not seen that one before and good to know it plays nice :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers