Support Forum

• Page:

JB Maps API field is missing...

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

It seems I'm always having a bit of bad luck.
I'm trying to add JB Maps to a site of mine and for some reason the field where the API key is suppose to go is missing. But here is an even stranger part...

I was looking at my live site where I originally have it on my server and could see the field where the API key is located, where I was about to copy it over when I then noticed that the new Joomla install 3.1, the JB Map didn't have the field. So going back to my live site and accidentally closed the module, I went back in to the module to copy the API key to see that its now missing. I thought I was loosing my mind.

I checked your documentation and could see that the API key field should be located just below the map height and width, but it wasn't there. So I tried another fresh install and installed the JB library and the JB maps module and it still wasn't there. But why would it suddenly disappear from the live site when I just had seen it. I think I'm loosing it. :(

Am I looking in the wrong place? I checked the plugins, did a reinstall and nothing to indicate a field for the API. But it still works on the live site, but it won't on my local.

Remember I just said that it suddenly disappeared from my live site which had it and then was gone.
  • bernardparsons
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 18 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Never mind. I search threw the support forum and found out that there was suppose to be an option enabled in the JB Library. It now works.
  • bernardparsons
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 18 posts
Thanks for the update

You shouldn't need the API key any more I think

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers