Support Forum

• Page:

Multiple Instances display the same sets [fixed]

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, I've installed jFlickr to show off a set of images on a page. Works wonderfully. The correct photoset shows up as expected.

I'm also creating a page with all the photosets. They are all defined in the same module position and controlled by the menu assignment so each module instance shows up on it's own page and on the photo gallery page.

The Photo Gallery page is where I get a strange problem - each module instance loads all the sets of images.

Any idea what I have done wrong?

Here's a link to the page in question:
www.alaska.mcmarketingmedia.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=12&Itemid=12

Thank You for this cool module

Lynn McColley
McColley Marketing Media
  • mccolley1
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts
Last Edit: 14 years 2 months ago by mccolley1.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Lynne,

Are you assigning a unique module id to each module?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Yes, each of the modules has a name in the module id...moose, caribou, etc. I assume I don't need to have a number there.
  • mccolley1
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts
Actually thats a confirmed bug now. I just tried to have two galleries but what its doing is outputting two in the same module. Ill add it to the todo list and get Jason to take a look tomorrow. Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks Anthony,

This is on my development space, if you need to look at it deeper, let me know and I'll give you the backend.

For confirmation, what I see happening:

I have 5 photosets that are being displayed on two pages each. Each has it's own singular page and then all 5 are being displayed on a "master gallery" page. On the master gallery page each instance displays all five galleries in the same order.

Each instance of the module has it's correct photoset id and each has a unique alphanumeric entry in module id.

Each instance is in the same module position.

Two unexpecteds...

First, I expected the module ID would have shown in connection to the module instance's name for possible styling (not necessary for my project, but might be helpful in the future, ie .moduletable-gallery1name, .moduletable-gallery2name, etc. Looking at the script, I saw the gallery name did show internally, but it might open css possibilities to include it as a module suffix.

Second, as the page loads, it appears to load the correct number of images in the gallery, then come back and load the whole collection at a second pass. It's exaggerated because I'm loading about 200 thumbs x 5 module instances, Hit reload on the page and see if that's what you notice, too. It might be a clue as to when the failure is occuring.

Thank you!
  • mccolley1
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts
Hey Lynne,

I'll fix this bug an release an update. If you'd like, log us a support ticket and I will add the fix to your site as well. Thanks for the information, it was quite detailed.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hey Lynne,

I've just released an update for JFlickr on the site. I believe this should solve the problems you were having.
Let us know how it works for you.
You can simply replace the contents of the folder
/modules/mod_jflickr/
with the contents of the extracted module zip.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Thanks Jason,

I dropped the 1.5_v1.1.4 version in and the page with multiple galleries performed flawlessly!

Thank you again for this great module.

Lynn McColley
www.mcmarketingmedia.com
  • mccolley1
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts
Another thank you! I just posted a review at the Joomla Extensions Directory - 5 stars!
  • mccolley1
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts
Awesome thanks so much!

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers