Support Forum

• Page:

JB library 406 not acceptable install error

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Trying to install the JB Library on a fresh 2.5 Joomla install and I'm receiving a 406 error

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /****/administrator/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • ardis
  • JB Pro
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

406 errors are generally generated from the mod_security part of the php stack.

If jB Library is triggering that then you need to ask your host to make an exception for this.

You could also just upload the files manually to the plugins/system/jblivrary folder and then use the J2.5 discover functionality.

e.g. go to install / uninstall > discover > purge cache > discover and then install anything it finds.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: ardis
All files in the Zip file go in one directory, yes?

In the end, I contacted my server admin (I'm on a shared server), and I had him add an exception to mod_security for my domain and the problem was resolved.

During my additional research, I also found documentation that adding two lines to your.thaccess file may help.

add to .htaccess file

SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off

end add to file

And for folks with a dedicated server or VPS, there was a lot of great advice here:

www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/website-troubleshooting/what-is-modsecurity-and-why-is-it-important

Thanks for the advice!
  • ardis
  • JB Pro
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the link - glad you got it working too.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers