Support Forum

• Page:

CaptifyContent has gone AWOL

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

My Captify Content module has gone missing... It was working fine (at least for sections) until I started restructuring (changing names of sections and categories and moving categories to new sections). now it doesn't show up at all. I have checked and double checked everything, section with pic, category, article, all published. The module is published and I've tried working with sections and with categories all to no avail. Mod title on and off, nothing but a bit of white space shows up. I've uninstalled, checked the file sys and DB to make sure everything was gone and reinstalled, created new sections and cats and articles, cleaned the trash etc. Checked permissions where I could think to look (images/stories, /imagecache). All with no success.

I suspect I might be making a stupid "forest for the trees" mistake, but I'm at the end of my wisdom... Any help?
  • James
  • Previous Member
  • 25 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi James,

Got a link?

Its worth bearing in mind that the section/category wont display if there is no content or image published to it.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
It is still a dev site, can I PM you a link with passwd somewhere?

Content and images are all there, in sections and categories.

What is odd is that last night the sections suddenly showed up. Switching the module to categories makes it disappear again.
  • James
  • Previous Member
  • 25 posts
Hi James

XXXXXXXXXXXXXYou can PM or email me with ur pass and I can take a quick look at it now?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXI have a site where I can check my settings against yours to see if there is an easy explanation

Yes James I see what you mean, I changed my site over to category, assigned an image to a catagory and yes it went blank.

Think this is one for Anthony

I will have more in depth look as well

Regards
Craig;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
umm, I must be having an early morning moment (only had 1 cup of coffee...) but I don't see any PM links. ???
  • James
  • Previous Member
  • 25 posts
lol no you arnt having one of those mornings.......:woohoo:

My MSN butterfly below my avatar is not working??? you might have to go to my profile and dig out my email or use email for MSN PM if you need to contact me later on

I just posted b4, can see your problem am playing around with it on my site until Anthony replys

Regards
Craig;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Hey folks ..

@james you can create a ticket via the support menu and Ill take a look for you. Prob best to deal with ftp details, logins, urls etc there.

Firstly though check that you have images assigned to the categories, contents assigned to the categories and categories are published. You probably do but thats the checklist anyway.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
every morning is one of those mornings :D

So I dug out your hotmail and just sent you the details.

It also might be worth mentioning that joomfish and sh404SEF are installed. I've disabled sh404SEF due to a conflict with joomfish. I also had some issues with JCEditor where I couldn't edit category and section descriptions... I haven't looked too deeply yet, but it has something to do with groups in JCE. I don't think it affects the pics though as I set tinymce as the default editor and still have the issue.

Thanks
  • James
  • Previous Member
  • 25 posts
We are having the same issue James

As we both have nearly the same extensions installed, Joomlafish can be taken off the list as I dont have it installed on my site.

As you have sh404SEF disabled and I have it enabled, we can rule that one out.

As I dont have any issues with JCE I dont think it is that unless our versions are different the latest versions are:
Component Version 1.5.6
Plugin Version 1.5.3

Apart from that I think you need to get a ticket James, as I am interested also as to why catagories dont show and sections do.
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Hi James,

Just logged in and there wasnt actually an image assigned to the categories.

Ive attached a screenshot for where to set the image in the category manager.

Also the ticket can be created by clicking on the ticket system link under the support menu.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hmm just increased the image specs - this should load now.
Attachments:
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks Anthony,

I didn't have pics assigned to all categories, this is true, only to the ones that I want to appear in the module, and those are the ones that still don't show up. I guess you added a pic to one of the cats that didn't have one, and that one shows up now, but the other ones still do not show up.

I don't have a ticket system link under the support menu ???
  • James
  • Previous Member
  • 25 posts
Hi James,

Ill check on the ticket system link for you but your answer helped me figure out the issue.

The module grabs the five (or whatever number you have for count) top categories in the ordering so you need to reorder the categories you want displayed in the module to be positioned at the top. Sorry I didnt think of this earlier - but Im pretty certain that will solve it.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks Anthony,

That was one of the first things I tried, but it didn't help. I'll try it again though and let you know.
  • James
  • Previous Member
  • 25 posts
Nope, no help. I can only reorder the categories within the sections anyway, and the catesgories I need are at the bottom. I tried reordering the sections also which didn't help.

At any rate, I assigned pics to the top 4 categories in the ordering, and only the first one shows up.

What I am trying to do is use the mod as an additional kind-of menu pointing to key info for my visitors (section "Value", with the category "For Developers", "For Business" etc)I wanted to put it all into one section to avoid bloating as each category will have only 1 or 2 content items and didn't see the need for a dedicated section for each one. But as a workaround, I'm going to try with sections again.
  • James
  • Previous Member
  • 25 posts
Ok - its worth persisting with and Ill take another look shortly if its ok with you. I did check on my local version and its working and the fact that it disoplays sections means that the image resizer should work as well anyway. Perhaps post back here if you want me to take another look.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks Anthony,

it appears to be working now that I have set up additional sections and moved the categories to those new sections. A bit bloated for my purposes, but it is an acceptable workaround.

It would be interesting to know why the categories don't work as expected... Does the script take only the first 5 categories regardless of "pic=true" and put whatever pics it finds up, or does it go through the cats until/if it finds 5 with a pic?

Anyway, thanks for your help, and keep up the good work!
  • James
  • Previous Member
  • 25 posts
Hi James,

Yes it doesnt discriminate actually - and this thread has helped me with the logic for the module. So at this stage of the development it grabs the number of sections/cats you specify in the module in the order they are in the sec/cat manager. Then if there is no image assigned to them then they wont be displayed.

Something to bear in mind for the next release to get it so that it only pulls sec/cats with images in the first place.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I hate to bring this back up, but I have to bring this back up :D

I created a new section, added a pic to it, created a category and published a content item to this category. I moved the section to place 2 in the ordering, but it doesn't show up in the mod. The other 3 sections that were there previously continue to appear, only the new section is being stubborn... I've cleaned all caches, changed the pic, everthing I can think of.

Any ideas?
  • James
  • Previous Member
  • 25 posts
a bit spooooky... all of a sudden the new section has shown up, several hours later. I've been doing other things and haven't been working on the site since my last post, so I haven't changed anything.

Makes me think of a cache that needs to be refreshed or something, but I emptied the cache in the file system...is there maybe something in the DB?

????
  • James
  • Previous Member
  • 25 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers