Support Forum

• Page:

Help with structure

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

My goal is to have a menu item point to a page that will display 4 blocks like the example in the download of captifycontent.

I want each image to be able to be clicked on and take you to a different category blog.

What I am trying to do is list items categories for sale using in a way, an image map. So ex: Four blocks of images with their respective image for it's respective category, click the image and go to that category of items.

I have really played with the module and cannot get it past just 1 image showing up even though I have an item count of 4 defined and rows 2. Maybe I am going about this the wrong way.

I have the module loaded into an article. So you use the main menu to click the the product, which takes you to this module, and im stumped there.

dw.csfire.net -->>New equipment-->>Tractors-->>Implements

Thanks
  • dougw133
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 3 posts
Last Edit: 12 years 4 months ago by manh. Reason: readability
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

Do you have at least four categories, each with an image in the intro and all selected in the module settings?
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
I have tried with 2 and still only one shows up. Haven't tried 4 yet as 2 doesn't work yet.
  • dougw133
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 3 posts
Hi Doug,

Some other things to look at:

Do each of the categories have an item assigned to it?
Are they ordered in the category manage so the top 4 are located first in the list?

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Yes they do...Let me reverse this and try to make it easier to check all bases here.

To establish a 4 image grid 2 across 2 down with each image clickable to a respective category, how would this be done by you? Maybe with a brief description of how you would accomplish this I can find whats wrong or a better approach.
  • dougw133
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 3 posts
You would just need to place an image in the intro of each of your 4 categories and then ensure they were all selected in the module settings.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers