Support Forum

• Page:

Problems in Firefox 4 - Module disappearing

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, we've been using the CaptifyContent module since last october without a hitch with Firefox 3 Mac in our website: www.estudiovni.net/2011/blog

I installed Firefox 4 Mac a couple weeks ago and a problem arises: when visiting the link above, it displays the page for a second, and then suddenly disappears, leaving a blank page with our email address only (which is located in a module on the right hand side of the website).

I've tested the website in Windows XP Firefox 3 and IE6 and Safari 4 Mac with no problems at all, so I'm sure is related somehow with Firefox 4 only.

I just updated the module and JBLibrary to the latest version to see if that solved the issue, with no luck at all.

Any ideas on how to check what causes the problem?
  • Marcusen
  • JB Pro
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

You do have a missing closing tag on that facebook image, I am not sure this is the cause or not, but it would be best to eliminate it as a possibility:

validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.estudiovni.net%2F2011%2Fblog&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Just found the solution!

I disabled the "System - Mootools upgrade" pluguin et voilà! Problem solved.

Thanks Seth for pointing out the validation errors, also fixed them.
  • Marcusen
  • JB Pro
  • 2 posts
:woohoo:

Great, thanks for posting back with your solution.

I always try and resolve the obvious errors first, to eliminate the most likely stuff. I didn't think it would be the cause on this occasion but it is always a good place to start ;)
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers