Support Forum

• Page:

K2 category images poor quality

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

My site is being built on a localhost set up so I have no links to it.

When I display a grid of images in CaptifyContent, selected from K2 categories, they appear blurred and pixellated. Yet if I upload the same images to items they are excellent quality.

Seems like this may be something to do with the way you can upload from server in items but not in categories. I'm wondering why that is and is there a solution, as I need CaptifyContent to open my images to categories.

I have read a post somewhere about inserting a line of code at line 68 in component.php (K2), but that doesn't work.
  • hawkmoon
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

If you are using the k2 images option in the module then you can set the source image thats used in a dropdown box - eg small, original etc.

Otherwise you need to make sure that the category image that is being used is larger than the image that you are resizing too. eg in the global parameters or category parameters in k2 set the category image to original to allow captify to grab a larger image.

Hope that helps.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
If I was a cat I would have used up one of my lives figuring this one.

Nothing I did in K2's category parameters (for an individual category) made a difference. It didn't matter if the image I uploaded was 10x the finished size I wanted.

The solution is only in K2's global parameters. Near the top it says (as default):

– Category image width (in px) = 100

Set this to the desired width (270px in my case) and it all works perfectly. There's no need to oversize your image. I pre-size all my images in PS prior to uploading. Now they work fine.

Just as a test I uploaded an image to be used for another template -- original about 30% smaller than my finished size of 270px -- and that looks fine too.

Of course, in CC K2 images option, select 'original' too.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff
  • hawkmoon
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
B) Glad you got it sorted Jeff. Thanks for letting us know.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers