Support Forum

• Page:

Specific Order for Captify Content

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello again everyone!

I return with yet another problem.. I'm sorry for always coming back with these random questions.. I am completing this website for someone, and they have some odd requests which I'm finding are harder and harder to fulfill.

My latest dilemma is the ordering of the content. Basically, I want to be able to specify where EVERYTHING in Captify Content goes.. I am using "Display Category," and I'm finding this a challenge because:
- There are some categories under different Sections (I was hoping to just use the "Order" function)
- The order I want is not alphabetical nor chronological (or by any of the other parameters Captify Content allows)

I tried to just list the IDs in order under "Article IDs," but I found that this did not produce the content in the order I specified.

Is there another way around this? The "work around" I see is re-creating all the categories so that the order is in "chronological" order. I am wincing at this thought, and wondering if there is an alternative I missed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all so much again for your help and support!!
(Please let me know if my dilemma doesn't make sense)

Edit: I ended up just going through and adding "dummy" categories that were unpublished for each section.. so that they filled in the "spaces" for the orders. Haha.. it was a little silly, but it worked out. Thanks anyway :] .. If there was an alternative, I'd be definitely open to hearing it!
  • meimei
  • Free Extensions
  • 7 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 5 months ago by meimei.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

Normally, specifying 'order' and then arranging the items into the order you want them to be displayed would be the best option. Did you try just arranging the categories in order in the category manager?

Having said that, I have never tried this with multiple categories over several sections. If it doesn't work like that then your workaround would seem to be the best solution.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hey Seth :) I did indeed try to arrange them by order, first, but given they were in different sections, this resulted in two "1"'s and etc.. so I couldn't specify an order across sections. Thanks for your suggestion though!
  • meimei
  • Free Extensions
  • 7 posts
Thats an annoying limitation of Joomla. Ive often wished it was possible to reorder according to some criteria other than the relevant section.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers