Support Forum

• Page:

Multiple "Captify Content" Image, to same Link?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello~!

Thank you again for creating this awesome mod and for your help last time! I truly appreciate all the time you guys have put in to help us.

My question is this.. is there some way to display multiple "thumbnails," which link to the same place? I am currently using the "Categories" to display selective categories.. but I was asked to create two thumbnails to link to ONE category. I'm scratching my head on this one.. I know that it's not made for this, but is there some way to "trick" the system and link multiple thumbnails to the same link?

The only way I can think of is a redirect for one of the links.. create a dummy category that has a script to redirect to the proper link.. do any of you have any other ideas?

Thank you!
  • meimei
  • Free Extensions
  • 7 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
What a great, great question and I only wish I could answer it with a magic wand and say... "by all means, this can be done this or that way". However, I would not be truthful to you! I have worked Captify to death and can not find a solution or answer to your specific question other then the redirects. I have used redirects for this mod with success but could never get past the effects that redirects create. No seamless transition from point A to point C when going through point B...

Your question has me thinking of different solutions that I would like to try but initially they would be just that... a try! I'll post back 'if' I am able to offer up something to try or consider trying.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: meimei
Apologies for the late response- I just wanted to follow up and thank you for your enthusiasm and openness to the question :] .. Thanks very much for trying. I ended up just doing a redirect
  • meimei
  • Free Extensions
  • 7 posts
The only other way I could think of doing this would be with a re-direct using htaccess, capturing and rewriting the URLs as required.

However, this limits flexibility by hard-coding everything, change an item (or add one) and you need to redo your rewrite rules.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers