Support Forum

• Page:

Random ordering + word wrap

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Yeah, thanks guys, but I have 2 more issues, I can give you more details on those:

1) Right column being pushed down by CC module, I figured it out by switching your module on and off. When CC is off, column stays intact.

2) Randomizer is ignoring my backend settings - I've set article source to Articles, chose 2 categories to show thumbnails (articles) from, set ordering to Random, but it just ignores the settings and keeps showing articles from ALL categories and sections.

It would be very nice if you could provide the fix for these issues too.

Thanks in advance! :)
  • leadfoot
  • Free Extensions
  • 12 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Yep Ill get a fix for these in the update that will be released later today.

Thanks for your patience.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hey again,

Just tested the module locally and on your site and I cannot see it affecting the column. Could you maybe update me on the ticket on how to replicate what you are experiencing?
Also, the solution to the first issue is that in you Joomla content settings, you have chosen your article source as articles. This will use the article id's that you can specify below it. If that box is blank it will use all articles. I have changed that to use categories for the article source. Should be working fine now.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Magic! It works like a charm now! The issues were probably interconnected - the column stays where it's supposed to.

Concerning the backend interface - may be in future you could make it more fool-proof? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Many thanks, Jason (and all the guys) I really appreciate your help!

BR,
Paul
  • leadfoot
  • Free Extensions
  • 12 posts
Cool thanks for getting back to us. Id really love to add some more feedback in the module parameters too. eg create messages base don settings that you have enabled. One for the drawing board I think.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers