Support Forum

• Page:

Retrieve k2 items

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey folks,

Is there any easy way to select k2 categories in a captify content module in order to retrieve items from that categories?
  • Simon Rollinger
  • Previous Member
  • 33 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Simon,

To the very best of my knowledge and as of the most recent available download of captify, no. The K2 code needs to be injected into these modules before they can pull the K2 data from the database. This being said, I believe adding K2 functions to this (and bambooBox) is in the pipeline. Not being the one doing the coding I can not give you an ETA... I'll leave that up to either Anthony or Jason to answer properly.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Thanks for quick answer.

I thought as much...

mod_k2_content is very good a thing, but it leaves a few gaps that might be perfectly filled by an extended captify_content. I´ll keep an eye on the changelogs of the modules...
  • Simon Rollinger
  • Previous Member
  • 33 posts
Hey Simon,

You can probably just reproduce the captify effect using MicroBlog and the captify transition.

Give that a shot and let us know how you get on.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hey Anthony, thanks for your suggestion.

I could use microblog indeed, but then I would lose two big pros of captify content: 1. automatically retrieving only items with assigned image (must have), and 2. displaying just the title on mouseover (important/nice but no must have). The fancybox I don´t need at that position, it would be too much for users since I want to display only images in a row.

I even thought about using captify content with a category in main joomla. I could switch that easily to a k2 category later on. But here the disadvantages are as much obvious: no tagging, no inclusion of items into the k2 category tree --> no display in my navigation.

Maybe I better postpone the issue for now...
  • Simon Rollinger
  • Previous Member
  • 33 posts
Ok, I found a solution: mod_k2_content allows multiple templates. So I´ll use this module and write my own captify into the html and css... :)
  • Simon Rollinger
  • Previous Member
  • 33 posts
Actually,

Ed has just posted a link to a hack that he made that displays k2 content in captify. Its still technically beta but worth trying:

www.edhathaway.com/Transfer/Captify/mod_captifyContent_K2.zip

Let us know how you get on.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Works! Really great! This is exactly what I needed - the default layout of pictures in a row without margin, retrieving only items with pictures, etc. pp... I´m already used to the outstanding design of your apps, but this one is a real gem.

Many thanks to all of you. You´re just great!
  • Simon Rollinger
  • Previous Member
  • 33 posts
Simon,

So glad that this app and my modifications are received well. I was going to delay releasing this link until I put it through a few 'test runs'. But Anthony beat me to the punch with his post. No problem and thanks for your kind words from a non-programmer...

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers