Support Forum

• Page:

Displaying Articles with Captify

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,
First I would like to compliment you for doing a terrific job on your templates and extensions. I am using Captify on another template. The basic layout of the template is the home page, which has a top menu items that link to other "pages" (e.g., movies, music, fashion, etc.). When I click on the "fashion" menu button it takes me to a page with fashion modules (i.e., modules that are linked to the "fashion" menu item), including an instance of Captify. The Captify module picks the pictures from the fashion articles (section/category/content). This all works fine. However, when I click on one of the pictures displayed by Captify it displays the article on the same page. I was hoping it would display the article on a separate page (i.e., a page that just contains the article content). I see from the Grid demo that if I am on the home page and click on the Features>>Extensions>>Captify Content menu item it will take me to the Captify Content page. From there, if I select a picture it will bring up the corresponding article in a new page. This is the effect I want, but I do not know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/guidance. (also, sorry but the site is on localhost since it is still being developed, otherwise I would provide the link)
  • Jefe
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jefe,

Thanks for your comments :)

Sounds like you need to create a blog category menu item that points to the captify content item and make sure that the captify module is not assigned to it. This is whats known as a menu item id issue and is solved by just having a new menu item in the database but not necessarily displayed on the front end of the website.

Let us know how you get on.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Perfect!! Thanks Anthony, that was the solution.

Also, when I use the cursor and "point" at the image in Captify, the cursor will change to the "hand-with-pointed-finger" cursor in FF (just as it should). However, in IE7 the cursor is shaped like a capital "I", which may confuse some users by not letting them know the image links to an article. I know that IE is quirky, but is there a fix to the cursor issue?

Thanks again for your quick solution!
  • Jefe
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
Thanks Jefe,

We've got a fix for the way ie7 deals with the hover - ill add this to the todo list as well.

Thansk Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers