Support Forum

• Page:

Configuring captify content

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there,
I am having trouble to set the captify content module.I am not even able to get the module title displayed..I have installed the JB library plugin and published it.I created 4 categories along with images.I published the module on grid 1 of the elevate template but i am not even able to see the module title,let along the image and the heading.Would be greatful if you could support me with setting this module up.Thank you.
The website is www.carbonguild.org
Many thanks..
Mari:)
Attachments:
  • girish
  • Free Extensions
  • 27 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Mari,

Have you checked that the categories you are trying to display have images assigned to them and content published to them as well?

Also there was a recent update to the module so please make sure you have that installed - you can just upload the files from the module via ftp.

If that is all in place then please submit a support ticket and Ill take a look for you.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks Anthony,
I ran the checks you asked me to perform,still i am at a loss.Have sent you a support ticket.Thanks for your support again.
Cheers,
  • girish
  • Free Extensions
  • 27 posts
Hi mari,

I just checked and you dont have any active content published to the categories. Try adding content and it should work.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi,
I have added content to each catagories now.But still not being able to set the captify content.Could you please have a look,Many thanks.
  • girish
  • Free Extensions
  • 27 posts
Hey Mari,

I'll have a look at your ticket and update you soon.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Thank you very much Jason.Your brilliant!:)Love the support you guys give..
  • girish
  • Free Extensions
  • 27 posts
Hi Jason,
Have you had the chance to look into my ticket,cheers.Thanks:)
  • girish
  • Free Extensions
  • 27 posts
Hey Mari,

Sorry for the delay, I seem to have forgotten to reply to you.

I notice that you have 4 captifyContent modules on one page.
For it to work like the demo, you'll only need one.

Once you have the one, you need to ensure that the content you want to link to is either

Content items - same categoryid and sectionid
Category items - under the same section id
Sections - will display all available sections with images until the count is reached.

Here are some instructions. Please note that you no longer need to specify subfolder settings and you now need to specify a section id if you are displaying categories.

http://localhost/JB_Grid_Quickstart_J1.5.14_v1.0/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=74

Let me know how you go with this.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hey Jason,
Just did what you suggested.Still can't crack it.I been at it since last night...haha.There must be something obvious i am not seeing.Could you please check..
Thanks for your support.
Mari:):)
  • girish
  • Free Extensions
  • 27 posts
Hello Anthony n Jason,
I am still not able to set the captify content.And i have done all the modifications you have suggested.Could you please take a look at my support ticket again?:)Thank you..
  • girish
  • Free Extensions
  • 27 posts
Hey Mari,

It appears as though you did not have any categories in the section you had specified. I've changed it to Section ID 3 now and the categories under it a displaying.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Thanks Jason,
Yes,it works now.Praise the lord!:)Thanks for your support once again..
I still have got a few questions though for you,if thats okay.

1.I have 'JB slideshow' installed too.The fading effect in the 'captify content' module does not show up on the category images when i have 'JB slideshow' published.Can these two modules work together without the effect being lost?

2.How to reduce the size of the opaque strip that runs on the 'captify content' images?

3.Can a category or section that we use for 'captify content' be linked to a menu item?
For instance,On clicking a 'captify content' image, can the image be linked to a virtuemart page?

Many thanks
Cheers,
Mari:):)
  • girish
  • Free Extensions
  • 27 posts
Hey Mari,

Try to view your page source and see how many times the JQuery library is being loaded.
In your JB Slideshow parameters make sure that you do not load the JQuery script.

To reduce the size of the overlay with the captify effect, you can edit the file

modules/mod_captifyContent/css/captifyContent.css

on line 10

.caption-top, .caption-bottom { color: #ffffff; padding: 0.6em 1.2em 0.6em 1.2em; font-size: 12px;font-family: arial; cursor: pointer;border: 0px solid #334143;background: #000}

The higlighted value is what you need to change.

As of now the captifyContent module only links to section categories and content items.

If the virtuemart page is a content item then you can specify it's section and category id in the captify parameters. This may mean that you will need to have all the content items you want to have in the CaptifyContent module, should be in the same category.

Hope that helped.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Thanks Jason for your excellent support again:)
I been thinking,if there is a way to use the 'captify content' category images to link to menu items.You did answer me on that question.
But in general,Is it possible to embed a link onto an image using the 'custom html'module.If so,how can we do that?:)
Many thanks for your support.I shall definitely recommend 'Joomla Bamboo' to anyone i come across:)
  • girish
  • Free Extensions
  • 27 posts
Hey Mari,

Thanks for that. Appreciate it.

In general, you can create a custom module with images in it and link each image to any content on your site. I haven't done it myself but I'm sure it can be done.
You'll need to remove any border from the images in the custom module. You won't have the captify effect though. So this is just a general implementation without CaptifyContent.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hey Jason,
I figured it out..
Thank you.You do a brilliant job...
  • girish
  • Free Extensions
  • 27 posts
That's great Mari, and you're welcome as always :)
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hello,

I'm a newbie here and have a quick question regarding the Captify module: is there any way to set it up so that it is not 4-image wide?

I am trying to build a header with one wide image on the top line and three smaller images on the bottom line, something like (sorry for the poor graph) :

Is there any way I can do that with that module?

Thx a lot for your help ! Have a great dat,

SM
  • Stephan Malvoisin
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 5 posts
Hi Stephan,

The width of the images is determined in the module admin. You will need to figure out what width is required to get the desired number across.

I would say you need two instances of the module to create what you are looking for. The first one set to a px width that matches the width of the theme and the second one set to the width required for three images.

Let us know how you get on.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers