Support Forum

• Page:

Categories of FAQs?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Is it possible for me to have categories within my FAQ section called products, shipping, etc. and have these categories show as headings on the page, and then each FAQ item in the category listed below the heading? If so I can't figure out how :(
  • dax702
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

The best way to do that is to use the loadposition syntax and do something like the following in a content item:

Category One.
{loadposition faq1}

Category Two
{loadposition faq2}

You then publish the respective modules to the positions stated above - ie faq1 or faq2 by writing them in the module position drop down box. Make sure they are published to all menu items or at least the one you want to display them on and the modules should appear underneath their headings.

I hope Ive understood what you mean here?

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I think that makes sense, I will have to try it. But what is the Module ID parameter for?
  • dax702
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
Your suggestion seems to be working ok. The only problem I have is that I'm creating the FAQ in this manner:

Section is called FAQ

Products is a category
Shipping is a category

The problem is that I have categories of products which each have their own FAQs. Should I just create more categories under the FAQ section for each type of product, such as FAQ/Books and FAQ/DVDs and make each of these a new module position?
  • dax702
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
Hey there,

From what you've described, that would be the best solution in this case. Name your module positions intuitively and you should be able to load them together as required with minimal confusion. The module is designed to use Joomla's content structure to managed FAQ's.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers