Support Forum

• Page:

Template suggestion full with background images

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Here's an interesting site, somewhat like Focus template but a bit different in the way the background image comes in, then is dimmed with the content overlayed, as opposed to overlaying content boxes.

www.thebutchershopboston.com my client asked if I could do something like this and I was trying to figure out how to pull something like this off, Focus seemed close but not quite.

Here's another full image background site I recently found.
www.theogdenst.com/

As a photographer and webdeveloper I find these new full image background templates to be particularly interesting, but a bit of a struggle to overlay legible text without taking away from the grace of image below. I would say this is my one struggle with the Focus Template, how the hard edges of the boxes cut into the imagery below. I like it but there is a harshness about it.

Also check out this site that I just launched using Rocketheme's Momentum. getoutandlive.org All the photos are my own work at our local events! The cool thing about this template is rocketheme's new gallery manager and how the background is a module position that pulls from gallery items in a category. The gallery mgr is very advanced, you should check it out.
  • B Smith
  • 12 Month basic
  • 397 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
You do have to pick your images very carefully (like the 2nd site), or use an opaque overlay (like the 1st one), in order to avoid contrast issues.

I love the first site. It is very well done.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers