Support Forum

• Page:

Kunena bbcode and smileys - how to fix

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Antony et al,

After installing Kunena 1.6 on my Grid2 site I was immensely frustrated that I couldn't get the bbcode and the smileys to work. In fact the very same issue you are experiencing here. I trawled through a 16 page thread on the Kunena forum and read a similar length wiki on MooTools. Firebug confirmed that an older version of MooTools was loading. And then it cam to me... A wise man (Antony) once told me that the order of system plugins was v. important. By placing the Mootools plugin above the JbLibrary the problems with bbcode and smileys were fixed immediatly.

Would be interested if that presents any issues - i certainly haven't come across any. In fact - do you recommend enabling the Mootools plugin for JB sites?

Cheers
Iain
  • Iain Mace
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 60 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey thanks for that Iain.

My problem is really a conflict with k2.js and jquery and using the css / js compressor. I cant quite seem to get them loading in the right order.

Will keep trying.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
yeah i have this problem my site and kunena is not working properly, no bbcode, can't collapse categories. Shame that these themes are not so compatible with kunena forums...
  • avast
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 2 posts
Did you try reordering the position of the JB LIbrary plugin as per the advice above?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers