Support Forum

• Page:

Template Previews?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Maybe a wee bit of info and possibly a screen shot of upcoming template/templates, extensions etc.
As we all know, for mugs like me it takes a while to get a new template configured and up and running with all the content etc. And damn! A new template comes out and I like it better than the one I've just used (hate it when that happens)

Or maybe a wee road map of what's on your mind design wise for the next month/months/year so we could maybe plan our own work ahead a wee bit and maybe hold off on a current project and wait for something more suitable.

Or maybe a poll where members could vote on what type of new template they would like to see in the future?

Just a thought.
  • BillyK
  • 12 Month basic
  • 208 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Billy,
Not bad thoughts! I feel the same way.

Of course, like everyone else here, I get excited about new templates and extensions, especially from a team as creative as the people at Joomlabamboo.

But then again, if the new template is really good, I'm gonna feel that stress of having to decide whether to use it, or stick with the one I'm using now (Avanti). Oh, what a dilemma...

Thanks,
Matthew
  • matthewschenker
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 311 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hey folks check the blog out and specifically this category for upcoming templates:

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/template-news

Thanks for the feedback too.

At this stage we are still full of ideas and prefer to keep the decision making from a design point of view in house. If there are components that you want to see featured though thats another matter and we are sure to look into any suggestions you might have.

In terms of a roadmap I certainly have one but im reluctant to share it because it may well and often does change over time and Id hate to have people relying on me to keep my word on that sort of stuff. For me one of the blessings of doing the club model is that I get to be creative and part of the creativity (at least at the moment) is driven by the freedom to change my mind at the last moment.

That being said though if you have references and ideas then it cant hurt to share them :)

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Cool, thanks for the link
It make me an even happier bambooer
  • BillyK
  • 12 Month basic
  • 208 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Cool thanks Billy :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony Olsen wrote:
If there are components that you want to see featured though thats another matter and we are sure to look into any suggestions you might have.

Between and above the lines i have noticed that you are not a big fan of vm, but i saw a tweet someday about some other ecommerce extension coming up, so let's hope that one will mature, and will get some bamboo attention.

One other bit that might be worthwile to have a look at are email templates. I can think of only one small theme provider that has started to make those for joomla, so i think there is plenty of room left. So, with upcoming templates it might be worth considering having a look at communicator for instance (since that one is free), and have a nice email template ship with it, of course in the style of the template. I could be wrong, but i think many people will appreciate that, and can take it as a starting point for their own customized email templates.

off topic; is fixed i guess, or it was my opera acting up, eitherway pls disregard:)
  • Serge
  • 12 Month basic
  • 39 posts
Last Edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Serge. Reason: irrelevant remark
Hey Serge,

The May theme is actually going to be for the Tienda component from Dioscouri - it looks really solid and I will be blogging about that in the coming few days.

Email templates are also a good idea - Ill be looking into that :)

Thanks for the heads up in Opera - fixed it earlier today.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers