Support Forum

• Page:

Moofaq and Thickbox Javascript clash

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi

I installed moofaq, but also have thickbox for joomla mambot installed, it looks like these two are clashing, because if i unpublish the thickbox mambot, the faq works fine, but if it is published, the faq slider thingy doesn't work and i get a "Object doesn't support this property or method" error in IE7.

Any ideas?
Thanks
  • Carlo
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Carlo,

Did you use moofaq or JB Faq. JB Faq shouldnt offer any clashes. If you have then can you post a link and Ill take a look.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

No, I used MooFaq (i'm on joomla 1.0.15).
Here is a link of the page having the issues.
www.rhapsodys.co.za.plesk2.wadns.net/index.php?option=com_moofaq&Itemid=93

The "Featured Dish" on the left is a module that has the Thickbox code in, which I figured out by now is clashing with MooFaq's javascript.
Thanks for the reply, let me know if you need anything else.
  • Carlo
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
Hi Carlo,

You are actually using the Component Moo Faq which isnt ours. We had the module first and then the developer (as far as I can tell) took it and turned it into a well functioning component. The code looks the same but I cant really offer the bug fixing more than the following:

The issue might be that jQuery isnt running in no conflict mode. Thats the library behind the thickbox script so it may be there that you need to look in terms of finding the solution. JB FAQ the 1.5 only version uses jQuery in no conflict mode for such an occasion - but I know that its no use to you.

Cheers Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers