Support Forum

• Page:

Trouble Installing Moo FAQ Correctly!

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have done exactly what was told of me in the directions given within the modules management screen. I have inserted the [code:1]<script src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/modules/moo_faq/mootools.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" ></script>

<script src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/modules/moo_faq/moo_faq.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" ></script>[/code:1]

correctly, however, it shows the question ad answer, but it is not interactive...

Can anyone help me?

~Chris

Post edited by: Anthony Olsen, at: 2007/08/15 14:11<br><br>Post edited by: chrishawkins, at: 2007/08/19 02:08
  • dawgbyte
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

I would start by putting the moo_faq script references after all of the other references ... so make them the last two lines before the closing </head> tag.

Also the text you have entered is actually in the faq pre and post text areas. You need to go to question 1 and make sure its published and then add the question and its answer ...

Thanks Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hello,

Thanks allot... That worked! I should have looked a bit closed before I bother you guys about that. Thanks though.

~Chris
  • dawgbyte
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
Thats great ... looks like you still need to add the css though ;)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I was just about to ask about that... LOL!

I'm really don't mean to sound like such a novice, but, is there anyway that you could possibly walk me through this step? I have tried pasting it into the .css like I was instructed, but I am not clear on exactly where it needs to be placed. I navigated to the .css by going to my template manager, clicking the radio button next to the template I am currently using, I then click edit css in the top right hand corner, and it opens the template_css.css. I then placed the [code:1]* .menuTitle {font-size: 12px;font-weight:bold;display: block;text-decoration: none;outline-style:none;height: 18px;padding-top: 6px;padding-bottom: 3px;padding-left: 6px;border-bottom-width: 1px;border-bottom-style: solid;border-bottom-color: #ddd;margin-bottom: 1px;}

* .content {font-size: 10px;color: #5E6257;display: block;background-color: #FFFFFF;}[/code:1] at the top.

Did I do something wrong? I am using a template that has more than 1 design layout and is edited through the index.html file. Does this pose a problem? Would you mind lending a helping hand one more time? I want the FAQ's to have the same color scheme as my site. Will this allow that? I also want to space them out a little bit more, they seem to be REALLY close together.

Please help once more!

~Chris<br><br>Post edited by: chrishawkins, at: 2007/08/15 14:13
  • dawgbyte
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
Hey Chris,

Yes its a problem with the help file actually. When you cut and paste the css you also get the bullet points which makes the it not valid or applicable css. So just remove the asterix at the beginning of each line and it sould be fine.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Great!

That fixed it, but, what controls the color of the box itself, on mouseover and after selecting?

~Chris
  • dawgbyte
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
Thats in the moo_faq.js file ...
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers