Support Forum

• Page:

JB FAQ opens fine, but page does not flow with it

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey there:

The FAQ is working A-OK... :) But, when you open an item, or all items, they open and the rest of the page just sits there (no reflowing or resizing to accommodate the content).

My workflow is below; I have set jquery enabled/disabled to no effect (likewise the CSS).

I'm using the Mocha template from joomlajunkie, FWIW.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Patrick

Workflow:
I have an article, which is what should appear as a Q&A. Its title is the question, and its body is the answer. This article has a SECTION of "PanoSalado" (id:6) and a CATEGORY of "FAQ: PanoSalado" (id:35).

I have installed the JB FAQ module successfully. It is enabled, and I have given it the title "PanoSalado FAQ", so that I can see it quickly in the module listing. It has a POSITION of "FAQ" (which I manually typed in). For SECTION ID I have "6" and for CATEGORY ID I have "35". And it has a menu assignment. :)

I have another article which is uncategorized, and titled "PanoSalado FAQ". The only thing it has in its body is {loadposition FAQ}.

I have a menu item of type ARTICLE LAYOUT, and using "select article" under the basic parameters I've chosen the article "PanoSalado FAQ".
  • Patrick
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Got a link Patrick?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
That would be helpful, huh? :)

www.panosalado.com/panosalado/faq

Thanks!

Patrick
  • Patrick
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts
Looks like the css for the faq isnt being picked up - have you got that enabled?

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hey Anthony:

I didn't when you were looking at it, but do now; No combination of jquery/css being enabled has an effect.

?

Thanks!

Patrick
  • Patrick
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts
Look slike the clearing div isnt getting picked up. See what happens when you add a few more questions.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hey A:

Ah, hmm... I've got two items in the FAQ now, with the same result. Depending on when you revisit the link, there may be more items.

?

Cheers,

Patrick

ps:
I appreciate you taking the time on a weekend, and being so fast to respond. I know what it's like to troubleshoot things I've created, in a forum setting! Many thanks!
  • Patrick
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts
I just took a closer look at your source and I think its because of the equal height.js in the havascript file. Try removing it from the template.js.php file to see if that has any effect.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony:

I've tried that, with the same result. I have it set to _not_ use the equal heights, now.

This is (probably) unrelated -- but I notice that the +/- signs get out of sync, when an item is open and then you choose to open all.

In case it makes any difference (though you're seeing the same thing, yes?):
Just FYI, I'm testing on Mac OS X 10.5.6 (Safari latest, Firefox latest); Similar setup on OS X 10.4.11.

?

Patrick
  • Patrick
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts
I just noticed that when I resize the browser window, the page suddenly reflows properly.

When I close an FAQ item, the page doesn't reflow, until I resize the browser window.

?
  • Patrick
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts
Hi Patrick,

I see that you have unpublished the module. im sorry I couldnt get it working for you. If I had more time at the moment I would go in and take a look for you but unfortunately Im not able to. Im sure it could be solved though.

Thansk Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hey Anthony:

Oh, argh. I did I guess. :blink:

I imagine the issue is a conflict with the theme/template I'm using, or the image slider component which uses jquery stuff.

BUT, I'll get a page up for you, w/JB FAQ reinstated... And here you go!:

panosalado.com/panosalado/test-jb-faq

Thanks again & in advance -- love to see it working. I've checked now on a Windows box with IE & FF, with same result.

Cheers,

Patrick
  • Patrick
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers