Support Forum

• Page:

email dosnt work

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'll email you. Thanks for your help with this. I'd like my site to go live by Wed.
  • Ricard
  • Free Extensions
  • 38 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
does this work? i have it on a second site and it dosnt work either. i have emailed myself from another computer and i still dont get the email. this is a great feature!

post what you found for jmax's site mabey that will help me

thanks<br><br>Post edited by: skytopdesigns, at: 2007/08/13 23:32
  • Richard
  • Free Extensions
  • 45 posts
Yes just bear with me ... Its probably a server/mail/php issue. Can you post your version of php?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
4.4.6 .

sure, no problem,
  • Richard
  • Free Extensions
  • 45 posts
From PHP MyAdmin >

Windows server

Server version: 4.0.26-nt

Protocol version: 10

Server: quigon via TCP/IP

# MySQL client version: 3.23.49

Hope that helps.
  • Ricard
  • Free Extensions
  • 38 posts
Hi Jmax,

Ive just had a noodle around but cant for the life of me see what the issue is. Im beginning to think its an issue with your version of php. The mod was developed in 4.4.4 on my server and there have been issues with other servers that are earlier releases. I actually cut and pasted the file contents from the working version on my site but it didnt make any difference. I also tried to install a totally new form but no joy there also.

The thing that perplexes me is that the error message that comes up when we submit on your page is the error message wheras in the past when it hasnt worked the error message doesnt work at all.

Ill keep thinking about it but wont get a chance to look at it for another few days ... sorry I couldnt fix it up for you.

Cheers Anthony

does this work? i have it on a second site and it dosnt work either. i have emailed myself from another computer and i still dont get the email. this is a great feature!

It does work but I think there may be peculiar issues with different versions of php. Ill look into it and try to come up with a solution but wont be in the next few days.

thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
thank you so much for all of your work. it is greatly appreciated. this is a great module.
  • Richard
  • Free Extensions
  • 45 posts
Thanks for checking, I guess I'll disable those features in stall a couple mailto: fields for people to use to contact me.

And yes the PHP version loaded on my shared host server is 4.0
  • Ricard
  • Free Extensions
  • 38 posts
Say Anthony ~ I just received this message from my server host, which may or may not have any bearing on this situation:

Mail sent with PHP must use SMTP Authentication. It cannot be sent with the simple mail function. This is to curb hackers using the basic mail function to send SPAM etc...

Most customers use this script: phpmailer.sourceforge.net/
  • Ricard
  • Free Extensions
  • 38 posts
Looks good ... you could try to just copy and paste the new mailer script into the file called moo_faq.php right down the bottom and the whole of make contact. It will take a little work to get the module parameters working or you could just do it manually from the file ... just a thought :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers