Support Forum

• Page:

[Solved] Broke my login slider

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I really love Moo FAQ & have been looking for this exact tool for months & happened to find it today.

Only now my login slider ceased to work (which also uses the MooTools slide effect). The slider tab is in the upper right & contains my log-in function.

Both codes (moo faq & my login slider) are located in the <head> area of index.php, though no matter what I do to switch the code around, my original slide effect stays broken.

Is there a way I can have several slide effects going at one time (i.e. continue to use Moo FAQ)?

Here's a link to my site: http://epicodyssey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=43

Post edited by: jmaxpro, at: 2007/08/05 00:24<br><br>Post edited by: jmaxpro, at: 2007/08/06 03:13
  • Ricard
  • Free Extensions
  • 38 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Try taking out the reference to the Moo FAQ mootools file ... that might work. Let me know ...
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Can you be more specific?

One whole string or just part of one of them?

Here's the code I think is in conflict:

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/js/mootools.v1.00.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/js/rt_tools_packed.js"></script>

<script src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/modules/moo_faq/mootools.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" ></script>

<script src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/modules/moo_faq/moo_faq.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" ></script><br><br>Post edited by: jmaxpro, at: 2007/08/05 00:37
  • Ricard
  • Free Extensions
  • 38 posts
Try removing:

[code:1]<script src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/modules/moo_faq/mootools.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" ></script>[/code:1]

Your template mootools version should handle sliding as well.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks Anthony ~ I took it out & the login slider works again, but the sliding effect is gone from Moo FAQ.

Another suggestion?

Curious ~ is it possible I would need to config the modules to use the same library as the other? If so, how would you suggest I do this?<br><br>Post edited by: jmaxpro, at: 2007/08/05 01:17
  • Ricard
  • Free Extensions
  • 38 posts
Sorry just looked more closely at your source ... I think its a clash with the motools version. Your template uses 1.0 and the faq uses 1.11 ...

You could try building the slide for the login using a more recent script. There are a few good examples/tutorials out there and the mootools.net demos are relatively east to replicate also.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I have an inquiry in to determine if I can simply upgrade moo tools to the newer 1.1 version (did you upload it on a previous post?) and have it work.

I'll let you know what I find out.
  • Ricard
  • Free Extensions
  • 38 posts
Actually you could try and use this version of moo_faq which uses mootools 1.0 ... let me know if this works. Its slightly different though ...

Attachment mod_moo_faq_SEF_fixed-8bf9eb7f82c4b94466c449b2d3971cfe.zip not found

• Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks for that option, I'm going to see if I can remedy the first situation 1st:

Update:

I downloaded the latest MooTools java 1.11

Something I just notices is that the MooTools module has MooTools 1.11 installed in module folder within the wwwroot of the site, while the control panel sliders I am using reference MooTools individually within a js folder for the individual templates.

Perhaps this is a source of conflict?

Any suggestions on a possible remedy? Perhaps there is a way to point both to the same file?
  • Ricard
  • Free Extensions
  • 38 posts
Yes you actually only need one version of mootools linked to in your template. If the script is referenced in the head of the template then it doesnt really matter where the specific .js file is stored. Because mootools is modular its possible to have some scripts that contain various functions and not others.

But I think the conflict is really between 1.0 and 1.11

Cheers Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
To help others benefit from the hours upon hours I spent resolving this script conflict I provide the following synopsis:

Problem:

I had two competing scripts in the Index.php of my Template, both requiring access to mootools.

1) A Sliding Control Panel ~ running mootools v.1.00

2) MooFAQ sliding FAQ module ~ running mootools v.1.11

The MooFAQ module installation requires 2 lines of code placed in the <head> section of the Index.php which created a conflict resulting in only one of the scripts working at a time.

The conflict appeared to have resulted from 2 different versions of moo tools running in the SAME TEMPLATE at the same time.

I bolded SAME TEMPLATE ~ because I have 2 different templates running within the same site, and the Sliding Control Panel was working just fine alongside the MooFAQ module in one of them, while at the same time the Sliding Control Panel was inoperable in the other ~ the one in which I was running Moo FAQ

Solution:

1) Replaced mootools.v1.0 in the .js file of the template with mootools.v.1.11 (downloaded from mootools.net)

2) Replaced rt_tools_packed.js file of the template with roktools.js from another template with a version of the control panel slider that works with mootools v1.11

3) Redirected the Control Panel Slider script code in Index.php to reflect the file changes

AND THE KICKER:

4) Moved MooFAQ scripts above the scripts governing the Control Panel scripts (which seemed to be the final key)

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED ~ the two scripts now play nicely together! & I love MooFAQ! :whistle:
  • Ricard
  • Free Extensions
  • 38 posts
Thanks so much for this ... it can be a bit of a mindfield trying to sort out competing scripts ... it might even help to post the modules you included in the mootools package ...
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
any chance I can get some one-on-one help with this?

I think I did the 4 steps correctly but I still can't get the MooFAQ sliding to work.

My site is universityyoga.com

Here's the script section of my index.php file:

[code:1]<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; <?php echo _ISO; ?>" />

<script src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/modules/moo_faq/mootools.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" ></script>

<script src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/modules/moo_faq/moo_faq.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" ></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/js/mootools.r598.js"></script>

<?php if ($show_pulldown == "true"«») : ?>

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/js/roktools.js"></script>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php if($mtype=="moomenu"«») :?>

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/js/mootools.bgiframe.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/js/rokmoomenu.js"></script>

<link href="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/css/rokmoomenu.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/css/rokslidestrip.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<script type="text/javascript">

window.addEvent('domready', function() {

new rokmoomenu($E('ul.nav'), {

bgiframe: false,

delay: 400,

animate: {

props: ,

opts: {

duration:400,

fps: 100,

transition: Fx.Transitions.sineOut

}

}

});

});

</script>[/code:1]

Thanks in advance!

Peace.

Post edited by: macanudo, at: 2007/08/21 06:08<br><br>Post edited by: macanudo, at: 2007/08/21 06:11
  • Camilo
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
The first step is to disable each referenced script one at a time to see where the conflict is ... This also includes the scripts used in the body of the index.php file ...
  • galapados
  • Free Extensions
  • 3 posts
Ok, I went through each of the scripts and commented them out with the //.

But I still have the same phenomena. I even tried it with a totally different template that doesn't have the sliding menus.

Do I need to change the name of the mootools.v1.11.js file that I copied into the js folder of the template? What other files reference it? Is there anything inside the mootools.v1.11.js file that needs to be added or removed?
  • Camilo
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
I just checked your source ... try putting it before the closing </head> tag and after the rok_menu etc references ... you could also try unpublishing Jom comment to see if that has any effect.

The mootools file being referenced is in in the modules/moo_faq folder ...

It really looks like its close to working its just getting stuck on the opening part :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Still no luck. I tried the two lines in several places before the closing head tag.

Where do you see a jom comment reference. It hasn't been enabled.

Do I need to do anything with the mootools folder?

I did see a change in the faq's when I changed the menu style from moomenu to splitmenu to module.
  • Camilo
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
Still no luck. I tried the two lines in several places before the closing head tag.

Where do you see a jom comment reference. It hasn't been enabled.

Do I need to do anything with the mootools folder?

I did see a change in the faq's when I changed the menu style from moomenu to splitmenu to module.
  • Camilo
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
You might have the Jomcomment bot published. If you look at the source you can see this:

[code:1]<script type="text/javascript">

var xajaxRequestUri="universityyoga.com/index2.php";

var xajaxDebug=false;

var xajaxStatusMessages=true;

var xajaxWaitCursor=true;

var xajaxDefinedGet=0;

var xajaxDefinedPost=1;

var xajaxLoaded=false;

function xajax_jcxLoadUserInfo(){return xajax.call("jcxLoadUserInfo", arguments, 1);}

function xajax_jcxAddComment(){return xajax.call("jcxAddComment", arguments, 1);}

function xajax_jcxShowSubscribeForm(){return xajax.call("jcxShowSubscribeForm", arguments, 1);}

function xajax_jcxShowAddForm(){return xajax.call("jcxShowAddForm", arguments, 1);}

function xajax_jcxSubscribe(){return xajax.call("jcxSubscribe", arguments, 1);}

function xajax_jcxMoreComment(){return xajax.call("jcxMoreComment", arguments, 1);}

function xajax_jcxUpdateComment(){return xajax.call("jcxUpdateComment", arguments, 1);}

function xajax_jcxUnpublish(){return xajax.call("jcxUnpublish", arguments, 1);}

function xajax_jcxEdit(){return xajax.call("jcxEdit", arguments, 1);}

function xajax_jcxSave(){return xajax.call("jcxSave", arguments, 1);}

</script>[/code:1]

Unpublishing may actually do it as I can see that jom comment uses moo.fx as well - precursor to Mootools .

Let me know if that gives you any joy :)

Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers