Support Forum

• Page:

Solved-Redirects to the home page

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Its working :)

Wow. it looks so good. Thanks a lot and btw can i copy and use the modules for preparing other faq modules?
  • hkhkhk
  • Free Extensions
  • 13 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey hey glad I could get it working for you ... ill need to do this for a site Im working on so it has helped me out also. Ill post the fix here for anyone needing to use sef with Moo FAQ.

Just copy and paste the module in the backend and you can use it as much as you like ...

Cheers Anthony.

File Attachment:

File Name: mod_moo_faq_SEF_fixed.zip
File Size: 1157
<br><br>Post edited by: Anthony Olsen, at: 2007/07/22 13:46
Attachments:
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Brilliant Support. Hats off to you Anthony. Thanks a lot and god bless you.
  • hkhkhk
  • Free Extensions
  • 13 posts
In your demo when we hover over a question it shows the underlined? whereas, i am not able to reproduce the same effect on my site. Can u guide me regarding this also please.
  • hkhkhk
  • Free Extensions
  • 13 posts
Thats mainly set in your template but you can do it in the module admin by entering:

[code:1].box_title a:hover {text-decoration:underline}[/code:1]
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I found the problem only occured when published to the mainbody. Thank you again Anthony for solving this issue. This is truly a great plugin!
  • Marc Jager
  • Free Extensions
  • 9 posts
Hi, Anthony. Hi, everybody.

I uploaded your SEF fix; Although I no longer got redirected to the homepage, I lost all MooFAQ's mooFX. When I reverted back to the most current version (1.1), it no longer works with ArtioSEF and I get the #nogo redirection. Perhaps there is a step I missed or another fix?

Site to check is:

www.mangodigital.com/frequently-asked-questions.html

or

www.mangodigital.com > Support > Frequently Asked Questions

Thanks for taking a look and offering some tips.

John
  • mangoman
Ive just uploaded v1.2 which should fix this ... let me know how you go.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

The newer version fixed it and it now works! Love it, absolutely love it! :kiss:

Regards,

John
  • mangoman

This might work for me but its not here anymore. Do you still have it anywhere?
  • Bingo Jones
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
Hi Ill attach the version of the file I have here but Ive lost track on the versioning on this one.

We have plans to combine moo faq and bamboo faq into one module so we will address the sef issues when we get to that module.

Thanks Anthony

File Attachment:

File Size: 1157
Attachments:
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony,

If I switched from Moo FAQ to Bamboo FAQ would my 'lost email' and ' frontpage redirect' issues most likely go away? I guess I really don't know the difference; I thought it was mostly ease of use.

I d/l and try the SEF Moo Fix tonight. I appreciate your time and admire your patience.

Bing
  • Bingo Jones
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
Hi Bing,

They probably wont but its worth a try.

:)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony--

Mod Moo FAQ fix. I uploaded the file to the appropriate location, but it seemed to disable the Moo FX in general. What I had showing was my original Moo FAQ module content in text form and then (I'm pretty sure it said) question1 , answer or reply 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on. I looked at the two PHP files and they seem radically different. I have your most updated version of Moo FAQ. I did find that I could submit and send an email without the fix file if I turned the Joomla SEF feature completly off. I like to fix this, but I don't want to waste your time. Should I just let it go for now and wait for the Moo/Bamboo FAQ merge? I have to think that this problem of sending emails has come up before with Moo FAQ and SEF urls. WOuld you say it's generally fixable keep tinkering or its generally not worth the time and effort find another solution. Thanks for a great module even if I can get all of it to work in my situation.

Bing
  • Bingo Jones
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
Hi Bingo,

The short answer is that its probably best to look elsewhere. Ive got a few projects to finish in the next week and a half and then I will be going away for a week so I cant really see any time to work on it in the near future.

In the long term however the new module will fix all of these issues and also make better use of Joomlas content system which will allow for easier use of adding the questions and answer.

There is a port of the module to a component so if you search for moofaq on the joomla extensions directory you should be able to find it. They may have solved the issue already.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Bingo,

I just uploaded a fixed version of the module to address another issue and have uploaded moo_faq 1.3.1 that should fix the issues for the faq with sef on but it wont fix the issue with the submit form.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony--

Thanks, I didn't expect this. I'll d/l the new version and install it. Today must be my lucky day because I got a reply from a perosn using 'Make Contact'. He said that he only get 3 or 4 span email a month. That is not what I would call a spam problem. Answer one more question for me, how should I upgrade this. Last time I uninstalled Moo FAQ and reinstalled. Although that works, I didn't particularly enjoy re-entering all questions and answers. Can I just copy the files over the existing ones?

Thanks again for your efforts. You are amazing.

Bing
  • Bingo Jones
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
lol ... Just upload the .php file in the zip and replce the exsiting one ...
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers