Support Forum

• Page:

need to change image used in larger gallery image

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have the hoverbox setup and sort of working well enough to use, however...I need to change the image it uses for the larger image. I am talking about the image that shows for mouseover. Right now it seems to be using the thumbnail image. While the thumbnial image looks ok when it's thumbnail size, when you mouseover the thumbnail and it shows a larger version of that image, it is very pixelated because it is just stretching the small thumbnail picture. Is there any way to make it use the full size image and just resize it to fit in the larger view area? Hope this explaination makes sense:(
  • Ross Grant
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

Unfortunately the hover image needs to be the same as the thumbnail image. This is one of the limitations of the css only technique ... you could however use javascript to achieve what you are after.

The best way around this would be just to have the thumbnail images at a larger res so that when they hover they dont pixelate. Not ideal I know but prob the best solution with this technique.

Thanks Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers