Support Forum

• Page:

having troubles getting hoverbox to work on site

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am not sure what is wrong, but the hoverbox looks horrible on my site. It doesn't seem to be using any of the hoverbox css and when I try to make any changes in the backend module, it will not save them. For example, no matter which gallery layout option I choose, it always looks the same. The images it is using as the background are images from my template. It just doesn't seem to be working correctly, but I am not sure what I am doing wrong. The site is www.nfusionamerica.com and if you click on the products tab, you will see the gallery there. Any ideas on where I am going wrong?

Thank you,

David Henderson
  • Ross Grant
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Cancel this question, I found the unpublish option in the link display dropdown menu:) Just a thought though, you might want to make an unpublish checkbox for each image and have that as the first option on each one. It wasn't very intuitive to unpublish the images the way it is.

Also forgot to mention, how do I limit the amount of images that it uses in the gallery? It seems to be stuck on 18. I have tried removing the image name and thumbnail name from image 7-18, but it stillleaves the empty boxes there in the gallery. Also, when I remove the other image names, and hit apply or save on the modules settings screen, it fills all the info back in. Why is that?

Thank you,

David Henderson
  • Ross Grant
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
Thanks David,

Will bear that in mind with the next release ... Did you sort the other issues out?

Thanks Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Well Like I said, it looks ok if I use square left. For some reason though, If I use any of the other styles, the larger popup image appears at odd locations on the page. Either directly on top of the thumbnails, or sometimes on the outside of my template. Which line in the css controls the positioning for that mouseover popup image? Is it the .thumbs_left a:hover img?

I also have the flicker problem if viewing in IE. I will try your advice on making the thumbnail higher resolution, thanks:)
  • Ross Grant
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
Hi David,

I just had a thorough dig through the css and it appears as though there is an error in the css file. Ill just paste it here but you should expect a new version int he next day or so.

Unfortunately the flicker in IE7 is an ongoing issue.

Thanks

Anthony.

Actually Ill upload here cos the code breaks the template.

Attachment hover_box2.zip not found

• Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I looked at the new code, but the only change I see is changing the float value on the left style. Is that the only change, or did I miss something?
  • Ross Grant
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
Yes I think that was the only change. The other variations were fine using the v2.14.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers